Drama, Momma!

I know that is seems weird and dramatic right now, but it will be important for later in the story so just go with it!

Thanks for all the reads so fast!

~E<3 xxx

*********************************************************************************************

Once everyone arrived and were in costume and warmed up we began.

The first time we did it, I thought it looked really good. I was parried with Will, who I already knew because we had practiced together in rehearsals. Will was really nice and a super good dancer. We had pirouette contests all the time. Usually Molly, who played Giggles or Kent, who played Rascal, would judge.

My favorite part of the dance is the first chorus that Ross sings because everything's so fast. It's like, you can barely catch your breath, but in the good way. All the fast movements make me really in the zone.

We're running it for the fourth and I go to do a ponche holding Will's hands and I hear a big thud. I look over to see another backup dancer on the ground. They stop the music and give us all a five minute break. After an amazing pirouette competition with Will, in which I win, I see Ross leaning on the snack table panting furiously. I excuse myself and go to him.

"Hey." I say.

"Hi." He pants.

"Are...." I laugh a little. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Just really fast." He says.

"Ross, we've been on break for a while now, you shouldn't be out of breath. At least, not that much, unless you're asthmatic." I say.

"No." He pants. "I'm good."

"Okay. Call me if you need me." I head back over to Will and we stretch and talk a little. After a couple more minutes we go to run the dance a fifth time. I sit over by Gracie and wait for our part. Before we start I see Ross trying to take deep breaths, but he is still panting and pacing. What is wrong with him?

"Nina, is Ross okay?" Gracie asks me.

"I think so." I say. But to be honest, I'm not sure.

We do the whole dance again, and I think it's doing well. I see Ross getting really pale though. I honestly don't know what's wrong with him.

And Just before Will and I can do the ponche, Ross runs away toward the bathrooms.

Chris quickly stops the music.

"What just happened?" He asks all of us. We're all kind of silent as we shrug our shoulders. John, a friend of Will's who plays Butchy, and Will offer to go to the bathroom and check on him.

We all kind of loll around until Will and John get back.

"He's just panting. He locked himself in the handicap bathroom." John said.

"I think he threw up." Will says.

What is wrong with him?!

I go over to Will to try and get more information.

"He threw up?" I ask.

"I think. Or maybe he was just gagging. It's like he can't breathe." Will says. And then I know. I gasp and look at Will quickly. "What?" He asks. But I don't answer. I just run to the snack table and get four mini waters and run to the men's bathroom.

"Ross?" I ask as soon as I walk in. But he doesn't answer. Just hear more furious panting. I walk up to the door and bang. "Ross, it's Nina, unlock the door. I can help you." I say. But he doesn't follow instruction well.

I push the waters under the door and slip under it too. Ross, looks up, startled. I hand him three of the bottles.

"Drink these, but not too fast, or you'll throw up." He uncaps them, and I see he's rather shaky. I guess he was just gagging, because there's no odor or vomit anywhere. I sit next to him on the floor and hold one of them on the back of his neck. After he finishes the first water, I see he starts to catch his breath.

"What h-happened." He stutters through pants, opening the second water.

"Ross you were dehydrated. You have to bring water to set. We're in hot Puerto Rico and you can't eat all that food and not drink anything and then dance and sing." He nods. He finishes the second one and goes for the third.

"You saved my life." He says. I crack up.

"Trust me, Ross, I didn't. This happens to a lot of people." He chugs the third and I motion for him to slow down. His panting has subdued greatly.

"I never get dehydrated."

"Correction, never got dehydrated." I say. He gives me and evil glare and I laugh. "Come on, we gotta go finish. We're almost done anyways."

"Ugh. I hate going back to places after I embarrass myself." Ross says.

"Ross this happens to everyone at some point. It happened to Maia just last week."

"Okay, but that was scary." He says to me, as if everyone should know.

"I know." I say. I help him up and hold his hand as we go back in.