A Plane to Puerto Rico

"Alright we're here!" My mom said to me. "Are you excited?"

"Yes! And also nervous!" I say back.

"Nina, you'll be great! have fun! Write to us every week!"

"I will mom!" I say as I get out of the car. My dad hands me my suitcase and carryon and purse.

"Thanks dad!" I say hugginging him. My older brother, Isaac comes out of the car. I give him a hug.

"I'm gonna miss you, sis." I smile at him.

"Don't worry, I'll be back for graduation." He smiles and hugs me again, as my mom grabs my carryon. I grab my suit case as we all start walking towards the doors of the airport.

"alright your at gate 5, terminal E and if you need anything we've paid extra on your phone so you can call. There's five-hundred extra dollars in your suitcase and-"

"Thank you mom." I say hugging her. She looked at me with watery eyes.

"Your dreams are coming true, Nina. I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you mom." I took my Gray sweatshirt and put it over my white tee shirt. I also had a pair of shorts in my carryon so I could change when I landed. Even though it's only February 3, it's going to be pretty warm in Puerto Rico. I pull my long auburn hair into a bun before giving everyone one last hug and a good bye.

I will see them again April 26th.

******************************************************************************************************

As I walked into Logan airport I was a bit teary eyed. I've never been away from my family this long or rode on a plane alone before. To say I was nervous would be an understatement.

Hi My name is Gardenia Morahan, but everyone calls me Nina. I'm fifteen, form a small town in Massachusetts and I just finished my freshman year of high school. I have long brownish reddish hair and Hazel eyes. For some odd reason, I'm very short and thin. No one really knows why since my parents aren't really short or supper thin and neither is my brother, Isaac. Isaac is seventeen and a senior in high school, and although he is still finishing his school year, I am not. I started school super early in July and went on weekends so I could finish early in time to go to Puerto Rico. Your probably wondering why I'm going to Puerto Rico for so long alone.

About a year ago I audition to be a backup dancer in a Disney Movie. All I really knew was it was supposed to be like "Beach Blanket Bingo". Even though they said I looked young, they thought I was a strong dancer and hired me for Disney's "Teen Beach Movie". We had been reahearsing for months, me, constantly flying back and forth to live with my aunt in LA taking online classes everyday, and then when I returned I would go back to normal classes. I also had been dancing for nine years taking dance class whenever I could. It was hectic, but my dream. All my dreams were coming true.

******************************************************************************************************

As I borded the plane, my nerves sank in. This was a night flight, which I liked better than day flights. I like everything about night better than day. It was planned to be three hours and fifty-three minutes. I sat in the isle seat as the pilot began talking. I tried to tune him out.

"Yeah, I don't like listening either. It freaks me out." The man next to me said. He looked about twenty five. He had tan skin, brown hair and mesmerizing gray eyes. I looked at him. "Are you riding alone? you look a little young to be going to Puerto Rico alone." He said.

" I'll have you know that I am plenty old enough to be riding on a plane alone. And I'm going for work." I said in a matter-of -factly voice.

"How old are you?" He asked. I was resentful to tell him but I figured to throw caution to the wind. Maybe not the best idea.

"Fifteen." I say resentfully.

"Really?" I get this reaction a lot due to my size. I shook my head.

"And your going on a business trip?"

"Not exactly. I'm filiming a movie!" I say excitedly.

"Really? Me too! What movie." He asked.

"'Teen Beach Movie.'" I say.

"ME TOO!" He said excitedly. Then he looked nervous. "Wait, your not playing Lela, right?"

"No." I answer.

"Good. That would be awkward if I had to be in love with a fifteen year old." I laugh.

"Wait, you play Tanner!" I say.

"Yeah." He stuck his hand out. "I'm Garrett." We began to take of. I took his hand and shook it.

"Nina."