Two Weeks (Part 2)

ROCKY'S HAIR!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

**********************************************************************

It's been two weeks and I'm in a walking cast now. But ever since my unfortunate encounter with Ross a week ago I've been sulking. I don't eat much. I don't really get out of bed. I know it's just a stage, but I'm really hurt. My first love, a liar. CJ Keeps trying to get me to go out, but I don't want to. I just want to sulk. I know it's not the right thing to do, but then again, cheating on someone isn't the right thing to do either.

I hear a knock at my door.

"Come in." I say. I'm under my blanket watching "FRIENDS" on Netflix on my laptop.

"Come on! You got to get out of bed!" CJ says throwing my blankets off me. I groan.

"No! I'm grieving." I say. Just thinking about anything other than Joey, Chandler, Rachel, Monica, and Phoebe makes me sad.

I kinda hate...David Schwimmer though

"I understand this is hard for you. This hurts. I've felt it. But there are going to be so many other boys."

"I know. It's just, I thought he loved me. He was...different from other boys."

"Oh I see." CJ replies. "This isn't just heartbreak. It's heart broken. You see Nins, many people think there is no difference between these two, but there is. Heartbreak is when someone you love hurts you. Heartbroken is when someone you're in love with hurts you. It's the kind of heartache you can feel in your bones. But Nina, he's going to be sorry he lost you. So forget the pain and the past. Move on and remember what an incredible young woman you are. Don't lose yourself trying to hold onto someone who doesn't mind loosing you, cause that means you're wasting your time. I once heard a quote that said, 'Those people that are quick to walk away are the ones that were never intended to stay.' Sometimes, you have to admit to yourself that the people in your heart aren't meant to be in your life. Did you love him?"

I am hesitant, and a ball of tears. "Yes." I say.

"I can tell. You know why? Because if you weren't heartbroken you wouldn't be crying. You see, people don't cry because they're weak. They cry because they've been strong for too long. I know you didn't want to say you loved him. Maybe it's because you think he didn't love you back, or maybe it's because you don't want to grow up. It's easier to heal a skinned knee than a broken heart."

"Thanks CJ," I say between sobs, "but I know he didn't love me."

"Well you need to distance yourself from 'Central Perk' and go out! How about we start small you can go to the store on the corner and get these groceries!" She said handing me a list.

"Okay." I say resentfully.

I get dressed in leggings, a pink shirt and a lavender scarf CJ let me borrow. I put my hair in a ponytail. I tell CJ I'm leaving. When I step outside I see it pouring rain, but I just go back in and get an umbrella because the store isn't far and I really need to get out.

When I get to the store I Park my bike and go in. Maybe I shouldn't be riding my bike, but being in a walking cast makes me think I can. I get a cart and start collecting the items on CJ's list. I go to get cherry tomatoes and search frantically for the certain kind CJ likes best. That's one of the reasons I love her. All of her quirky and odd things, like preferring a certain type of cherry tomatoes. I finally find CJ's and put them in my cart I look up, searching for avocados next. But I stop when I see golden locks at the end of the isle. He's with Rocky and Rydel. I pick up my purse out of my cart and back up slowly. I can come back later. I begin backing up. Good! He doesn't see me. Then I bump into a big stack of apples on display. They go all over the floor and everyone looks at me.

Including Ross.

I spoke to soon. This seems to be a common problem.

My eyes meet with his and I just stand there, in the silence of the small store. At first, I think he's just going to ignore me.

"Nina!" Crap. I begin running through the crowded isles, but he is really fast. I make it outside in the pouring rain before he grabs my wrist. "Nina!"

"Leave me alone!" I sob. I don't care that I'm crying. I usually would, but I want him to see what he did to me.

"Let me explain!" he begs.

"No!" I say. His face looks upset. His brows are furrowed. He brings his hand up as if to wipe away my tears. I back away quickly and my back is against the outside wall of the grocery store.

"Nina-" He whispers, walking towards me.

"No!" I yell at him. Suddenly, I see anger grow in his face.

"You know what! Why do I even try! You're being so disrespectful! You're ridiculous!" He yells. He turns to walk back into the store but I grab his wrist and Yank him around to face me. His face looks angry still as he looks at me and then his wrist continuously in disbelief.

"You don't get to call me disrespectful. You broke me Ross! Keeping you out of my life is how I'm fixing what you shattered in me. I'm not a fool for falling for a boy that cheats. You're just lucky. You got a girl that loved you unconditionally and trusted you more than you deserved. I don't want you to explain. I don't want you back. I want Courtney to have you because that's my revenge to her. She gets a boy. Real men don't cheat. You took my first love for granted and you broke me. You ruined me." I say, sobbing.

"I made a mistake!" He said.

"No you didn't make a mistake. You made a choice, Ross. I will find a man one day that loves me and I will fix what you broke, but I will never get my first love right because of you. Maybe one day I'll become a good enough person to forgive you. But I don't think I could ever trust or love you again." I sob.

"You are a good person, Nina." He says softly.

"Maybe. But Ross, you were my C minor. I got to know you and master you and I fell in love with your sound. You tricked me into thinking you were in my song, but I was just playing it wrong." His eyes begin to brink with tears.

"Nina, remember when I asked you what you loved most? You're what I love most."

"No Ross. I'm not. But I lied. You know what I love most?" I cry. I see a tear escape his eye. He shakes his head. "I love walls."

"Why?"

"Because I can put one up between you and me, and I can never, ever see you again." I continue crying. I get on my bike and quickly ride away as I hear Ross continue yelling my name. I continue sobbing, but at this point, I don't know if they're tears of distress or tears of joy.