Decisions, Decisions

"Come on Mom! Please!" I begged.

"I don't know Nina. You just got home." My mom says.

"But Mom, this is Joffrey!" I say.

"Nina-"

"I've been dreaming of this since I was little!"

"Nina-"

"And they invited me!"

"Gardenia!" My mom raises her voice. I immediately sit at the use of my full name. "I just don't think it's gonna work."

"Why?" I ask.

"Because. What happens if they do accept you?" You move to New York at fifteen? I don't think so. And we aren't moving either." My mom says.

"We have no reason to stay in Boston! Isaac already graduated and I have no ties! Dad can move his business and-"

"Gardenia no!" My mother says sternly.

"Mom." I say. I feel my eyes burn. "I got to get out Boston." I say.

"What? Nina, you love Boston!" My dad says.

"I did. But there's nothing here for me. No friends, no jobs! I need this. I need to dance, and I'm not going to if I stay in Boston." I say.

"Nina, you're being ridiculous! You go to a wonderful dance studio!" My mother said sternly.

"I never said I don't! But mom, this is Joffery. JOFFERY! I've been hiding Joffery pamphlets in your purse since I took my first ballet class, and now your just not going to let me go?!"

That's when I stopped thinking about Ross.

My mother looked at my father, and then around the room for a while.

"Well?" I asked her.

"No. Your not auditioning to go to Joffery." My mom said. I thought I was going to explode.

"Wow. What a great mom you are." I say.

"Gardenia! Gardenia!" My mom calls. But she is too late. I slam the door to my room before me and before I know it I'm in a puddle of tears of my carpeted floor.