Dreamer

I lay on the grass in the Lynch's backyard, with my head in the crook of Ross' neck. We observe the celestial patterns.

"Ross?" I ask.

"Yes?" he replies.

"Are we going to be okay?"

There is a slight pause, and the silence is eerie and unknown.

"I don't know Nina. I hope."

"Me too." I say.

About an hour later, the door slides open and I hear some one walk out.

"You guys really like this, huh? Starring at random stuff?" I hear Rydel ask, but neither I nor Ross looks up.

"Yeah." I simply state.

"It's kinda our thing." Ross says.

"Okay then. Well, It's ten at night and you need to be in by eleven, mom's rules, not mine!" Rydel says, going back in.

"Nina." Ross says.

"Yes?" I ask.

"If you weren't leaving I would marry you." Ross says. I jolt up.

"What?" I ask, in disbelief.

"I would marry you." Ross repeats.

"Do you think of our future together a lot?" I ask.

"All the time." He says. "And I know that scares you, but I don't care, because you were supposed to be my happily ever after." Ross says. I nod.

"Okay. What else do you think about?" I ask, settling back next to him, looking at the stars.

"Everything." Ross answers. "We'll get married on a beach, and Rydel will be your bridesmaid, if you want, that's just how I always imagined it. One of my brothers will be the best man, and it'll be on a beach. July 27th. You'll be twenty five, and I'll be twenty seven." Ross says.

"2023?" I ask.

"Precicouly. They'll all come down and all of our favorite people will be watching, and then your dad will walk you down, and you'll be in all white. You'll wear a tiara, not some weird vail or birdcage, and when you walk up, we'll say our vows, and I will try not to cry, because I want to be masculine, but I'll end up blubbering like a baby. Because these will be our real vows. But the best part, is after it all. Because I know that there will be no more "Last ones". It'll just be forever. Then we'll live in LA for a while, getting jobs and living, and then, when your thirty, and I'm thirty-two-"

"2028." I say.

"Yes. We will start a family. We'll have a girl, and two boys. The girl will be named Reeve Rydel Stormie Lynch. The first boy will be named Romulous Riker Mark Lynch and the second one will be Ridge Isaac Kevin Lynch. And well move to some part of New Jersey, so you can go to Joffery, and I'll figure something out with the band. But it'll still be a nice place for a family. " Ross finishes.

"You really think of this?" I ask.

"All the time. But if you don't like it we can change-" Ross started.

"No. No changing. That's perfect." I smile.

"But it won't happen." Ross reminds me.

I jolt awake.
"It'll never happen." I say out loud.