Wake Up

I awake in a cold sweat and scream. All the girls wake up and Rocky runs in the room with his hockey stick in his hands.

"What happened?" he yells. I'm breathing really heavy. I feel someone rubbing my back.

"Nina, it was just a dream. It's okay." Someone sooths. I sob very loudly and there are odd moaning sounds coming out of my mouth. I begin to push myself against a wall when I realize something.

"ROSS!" I scream and get up and barge into Ross and Ryland's room. They both spring up.

"What's going on?" Ross asks.

"Are you guys okay?" Exclaims Ryland. I run to Ross and collapse on him and cry into his neck. He picks me up on the side of his hip, like I'm a toddler and carries me to the living room. Rocky, the girls and Ryland surround me and Ross on the couch. I am sitting on Ross' lap crying into his shirt. It's not pretty or dainty either, like Courtney would. It's loud sobbing. But I didn't care. I'm just glad he's alive.

"What happened?" Ross asks, stroking my back.

"She had a nightmare." Rydel replies.

"Shhh. You're okay Nina, I'm right here! It was all a stupid dream. I'm okay, you're okay, everyone's okay. Just breathe Nina, Breath." It takes a while, but I begin to breathe at a healthy pace again but I didn't want to let Ross go. I didn't want to leave him. Just in case. I put my head on his chest and listened to the steady beat of his heart as I drifted fast asleep.

When I woke up I felt a crick in my neck. I was sitting on Ross' lap and his arms were tight around me. I could have left, but I didn't want to wake him up. He looked more peaceful. The sun shone through the window onto his golden hair which made me smile. I hear someone coming down stairs and I instantly lay my head down onto Ross' shoulder and pretend to sleep. I hear the person pause and then begin to approach I hear a snicker. Rocky. I suddenly hear him snap some pictures with his iPhone. I'll get to the bottom of this later. I fall back asleep.

When I wake up again. I am still in Ross' lap surrounded by his arms. I hear people talking and a pan sizzling. I smell fresh bacon. I look up at Ross who is smiling at me. He hugs me tighter.

"How do you feel, Sleeping Beauty?" He asks. I rub my eyes.

"Hungry." We get up and walk into the kitchen.

"Oh, Nina!" Stormie hugs me. "I heard what happened are you okay?" she said looking at me.

"Yes I'm fine. It was just a nightmare...a terrifying nightmare where we all die." I look at everyone who seem disturbed.

"Well, I made my homemade gooey pancakes. Help yourself!" She smiles. Gooey pancakes? I must've really been craving them. I put one on my plate and sit next to Rocky at the island. He is next to Riker, Riker is next to Ross and the girls are at the table. This is the same seating that we were in in my dream.

"Are you sure you only want one Nina?" Stormie asks.

"Yeah, that's why she a twig!" Rocky answers for me.

"A ripped twig! Show them your six pack, Nina." The girls look at me with concerned faces. This CANNOT be happening!

"No!" I say a little louder than I wanted.

"Don't be self-conscious. Your six-pack is beautiful!" Ross said putting his hands over his heart. NO!

"I-"

"Courtney." Ross says, standing with Courtney, taking her hands. I stand up and begin to back away, but no one notices. "I wanted to do this with my family around. Will you...be my girlfriend?" He asks. He doesn't seem as enthusiastic in my dream but its all happening.