As Two Spent Swimmers, That Do Cling Together

Oh, Ross...so dreamy....^^^^^^

His hair is so golden!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*****************************************************************

me do something stupid. Cry.

I decided Rydel was right, and just because I'm scared, Ross and my relationship as friends shouldn't be ruined. Because, that's what I'm trying to prevent.

"So what do you wanna do today?" Ross asked me popping a strawberry into his mouth.

"We could all go to the beach and hang out."

"Or...we could just go and hang out."

"Alright."

I went upstairs and put on a purple and white triangle bikini top and black bottoms. I put a white sundress over it and packed a bag with a towel and sunglasses trying not to wake Rydel. I was successful and I met Ross downstairs to go to the beach.

"Ready?" He asks.

"Absolutely."

We take the five minute walk to the beach to find it's very empty. I decide to sit on the sand as Ross swims because it's only nine in the morning and the water's probably freezing. I feel Ross grab me and throw me over his shoulder. I begin to scream. He throws me in the water and when I come up from the icy bath I look at him.

"Why? What did I do to deserve that?"

"I thought we could take photos with the waterproof camera." He said. He looked awfully cute. Shut up, Nina. I sigh but smile.

"Alright."

About 45 pictures later Ross says,

"Why don't I take a picture of you under water?" I take my hair down so it was 'flowing.'

"Okay." We both go under water. We open our eyes and I pose with a smile and peace signs on my hands. But Ross doesn't take the picture. He puts the camera down and jolts up from the water and begins walking to the shore. I sprint after him. He throws his camera on the towel.

"I can't do this anymore!" He yells. He turns around and I walk closer to him. I am a little frightened. I've never seen him this mad.

"What do you mean, Ross?"

"You're beautiful and I want to date you! But you won't let me and I want to make you happy! Everyone is pushing me towards Courtney....But I can't go when there is you!" He yells. "My head tells me to date Courtney, but my heart tells me to date you. What do I do?"

"I can't tell you what to do, Ross."  I say. He shakes his head.

"Please tell me what to do." He sounds like he is gonna cry.

If the girl in Ross' heart had not been me, I would have without hesitation told him to follow his heart. But that wasn't the case. I was the girl in his heart. I knew I couldn't change that. Weather I wanted to or not. I took a deep breath.

"I think you should listen to your head." I say, not able to look at him.

"But I want to follow my heart." I look at his pleading face. I take his hands.

"I know you do. Sometimes, the wrong thing feels right, but no matter what, it's still the wrong thing. Someone gets hurt in the end." I say.

"But I'm hurt now."

"I know you feel that way, but you can move on. Trust me. You aren't in love with me." He shakes his head then puts his hands on the small of my back and pulls me towards him. We are forehead to forehead and nose to nose. I am of course on my tippy toes, something Courtney wouldn't....won't have to do. I don't want this moment to end. But I know it must.