Explanations and Expectations

HAPPY 20th BIRTHDAY ROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*********************************************************************************************************************

When we pull away, I instantly blush, realizing that Riker and Rocky are watching us.

"So...We're going to go...you two take your time..." Rocky says as him and Riker stand up and leave.

"You...you just kissed me." I said. He was still holding my face.

"I did."

"Why? What about Courtney?" I ask.

"Courtney and I aren't technically dating yet. I had to do that, no matter how wrong it was, before it was too late." I smiled. "And what you said out there made me want to kiss you more." But then I snapped back to reality.

"You...and I...we can't be a thing." I say, bringing his hands down.

"I know. Actually, that's a lie. I don't know why because I would do anything to date you. But you won't let me."

"I won't. It's just not right." I say, walking to Rydel's bed and sitting down.

"You can't say that if we've never been together. You don't know."

"I do know, Ross." He began pacing. "I know we wouldn't work."

"Tell me why."

"I don't need to."

"Yes you do. I have a right to know." I know he was right, but I don't have the energy. I don't think I'll ever get the energy.

"No, Ross."

"That's not fair!" He began to raise his voice. I stood up as he continued pacing. "You have no logical reason. You probably already have a boyfriend so if that's it just break my heart already! Get it done!"

"Trust me, Ross. I'm not the one that's going to be doing the heartbreaking."

"You think it's me?" He asked and stopped pacing. "I would never break your heart."

"I don't know." I say.

"You really think I would hurt you?"

"Ross-"

"You think I'd do that? You think I'm heartless?"

"No, Ross I don't think you're heartless. I think you have a giant heart just like the boy you were named for did. The little boy that came to your mom's nail salon with his mom. The boy you were named for because of his big heart. Does Courtney know that? Or does she know that you like to sleep with your windows open. Does she know you love night surfing? Does she know that your favorite airplanes are five passenger A360's and you like to watch them do formation flying? Does she know you go to those woods when you get stressed? Does she know you think that wearing socks that don't match is lucky? Does she know that when you get nervous you make silly faces? Does she know that you love writing songs in summer outside with your mom's homemade lemonade? No! She doesn't even know that you don't talk when you eat! I told her! But it doesn't matter what I know, because you have the eyes of a teenage boy and when you see pretty girls with big boobs you're instantly drawn to them. I'm not them. So you know what, Ross? We can't date because I look like I'm ten. We can't date because I'm two years younger than you. We can't date because everything Raini said was true." And with that I walked past him and slammed the door behind me. I went to the bathroom and locked the door so he wouldn't see me do something stupid. Cry.