Riker's Recognition

After Ross left the next day, He told me he was going surfing. I was hoping Riker was still at the hotel room, because I needed to talk to a Lynch who wasn't Ross or Rydel.

I get dresses in shorts and a white blouse. I put on some sandals and braided my hair.

When I got to the hotel Room, Riker opened the door.

"Hi Riker, is anyone home?" I ask, walking in.

"Nope. They're all at the beach. Well, my parents are in the other room. I'm about to head to the beach, do you want to come?" He asks, closing the door.

"No, that's okay. I was wondering if I could talk to you quickly." I say, sitting on the couch. Riker comes over.

"Sure. What's up?" He asks. And I don't know why, and I know I sound like a big crybaby, but my eyes start to burn and I can't keep holding the tears back. Riker realizes and hugs me. "What's going on?" He asks. "Is this about going back to Boston?" He asks. I break from the hug.

"No. It's not about Boston. But Riker...I think...I think something's wrong with me." I say, wiping my eyes. Thank god I used that waterproof mascara.

"What?" Riker asks.

"Every time I come around Ross lately, I get sick." I say.

"You get...sick?" He questions.

"Yes. My stomach does somersaults and my whole body tingles like all of it fell asleep and my face gets hot and-" But I stop became Riker is smiling and laughing a little. "Why are you laughing?" I sob. Maybe telling any Lynch was a bad idea.

"I'm not laughing at you. What you're feeling isn't a sickness. It's love." He says, smiling. I raise and eyebrow.

"Love?" I ask.

"Yea, love. Have you never had a crush, Nina?" He asks. I shake my head. "Well I've felt love many times, and it can be painful if not mutual, but it can also be beautiful. I can't believe you've never had a crush!" He says.

"I don't love people like that. It...t doesn't work that way with me. I don't feel love." I say. He smiles and hugs me and he whispers something to me.

"Everyone feels love Nina, everyone. Especially fifteen year old girls and seventeen year old boys." I laugh a little. I didn't think I would laugh today. Good to know. Riker's the one that can make me laugh.

"Well now what do I do?" I ask, pulling away. He laughs a little.

"Well-"

But he is interrupted when someone walks in.

It's none other than the one and only Ross Lynch.