Ratliff

Nina's outfit:

http://www.polyvore.com/did_you_have_your_fun/set?id=175194862

******************************************************************************************

Rydel is finally feeling better two days later and she's ready to go onstage tonight. When I get to breakfast we're all chatting and mingling, and the band members begin talking about the show tonight.

"I think maybe we should add Say You'll Stay to the mix." Riker Suggests.

"Ooh yeah!" Rydel says.

"And Crazy, Stupid Love." Rocky adds.

"Hey guys?" Ross asks. "Where's Ratliff?"

"I don't know." Rydel says. He's probably still sleeping.

"Nina have you seen him?" Rocky asks.

"Nope not since last night."

"Come to think of It, I haven't seen him at all either." Riker says.

"Well shouldn't you find him?" I ask. "You need a drummer." I say.

"Yeah. He's probably at the buff-" Ross starts.

"ROCKY! NINA!" We hear a yell. Ellington pops his head out of the bathroom door. "Brace yourselves." He says. "Brunettes are susceptible too!" He then returns to gagging.

"Poor Ratliff!" Rydel says.

"What are we going to do about the show?" Rocky asks. Riker slowly turns to me.

"Hehe...you don't happen to play drums, do you?" He asks.

"No." I say. They all look disappointed. "But Ross can. And he can sing while he's dong it." I say.

"Okay but then who's gonna play rhythm guitar?" Rydel asks.

"Riker." I say.

"Then who's gonna play bass?" Riker asks.

"Me." I say. As much as I did like performing, I didn't want this to become a regular thing. But I know it's either this, or they don't play.

"You play bass?" Ross asks.

"Yes. I do." I say.

"Great! We can still perform!" Ross says. They all high five and what not, but I can't help but feel nervous. I can play bass but nothing like Riker.

I hope this goes well.

**************************************************************************************************

That night, we all went on stage. I wore something nice again, but better to move around in. Rydel's job was a little easier for me than Riker's will be. Riker jumps and moves and gets everyone pumped up. Also, I have to play for the whole show. If I don't act as high energy as Riker, the show will be a bust.

We did sound check and they put the piece in my ear. It felt weird but I'll get used to it. Ross was playing the drums behind me. I turned to him at the drum set.

"Thanks for doing this, Nins." He says.

"No problem-o sugar. It's the least I can do for my favorite people in the world." He smiles. "Hey, you sure you can drum and sing?" I ask.
"Positive." Ross answers.

"Alright. I believe in you, Rock star." I say. He winks and I go back to practicing bass.

**************************************************

When everyone has shuffled in and people are chanting R5, we stay backstage listening.

"Hey," Ross said. "Were did you get that?" He asks, pointing to the R necklace I had on.

"I bought it before I performed on the keyboard for Rydel." I say.

"Why?" Ross asks.

"I just wanted it to be more like R5 is still all out on the stage. I know it's stupid cause it's just a necklace, but still. I think it's symbolic." I say.

"I like it." Ross smiles.

"You do?" I ask.

"Yeah. This way, R5 will always be apart of you." Ross says. I smile.

"Of course." I say. And I kiss his cheek.