The Morning After

When I wake up, I have a horrible head ache and notice I'm not in my bed in my room with Rydel, but someone else's. I look around, and notice that it's also not Ross's room.

I look at the clock and see that it's nine in the morning. I look about and see a bundle of covers and pillows on the floor. That would make me believe that I'm in Ross' room, but I know I'm not. The couch is in a different spot, and it's a lot neater. Also, Ross wouldn't be awake by now.

I do however see a guitar case in the corner of the room. I look around and get up to look at the guitar. I open the case and inside I see a black bass with neon green strings.

Riker.

He must have been the one who found me last night when I had a total melt down. That doesn't do me any good, considering he was already on my case. I just have to pull it together till we get back to California. Then I can tell everyone about my grandmother and vent.

But not now. Not while they're on tour.

I've also got a lot on my plate right now.

next week we get back to LA and in that time, I have  a ton of practice and Joffrey.

Suddenly, I hear the door close and I turn to face Riker.

"Care to explain?" He asks.

"I didn't know where I was so when I saw the guitar case I figured-"

"No, not that, I mean your total breakdown last night." He says.

"You didn't...tell Ross did you?" I ask.

"You think I'm stupid? The last thing Ross needs right now is knowing your upset. But me, I can handle it." He says, sitting on his bed. "So please, elaborate."

"I'm just stressed Riker. I should be practicing dance." Not a complete lie.

"You'll be okay Nina. You've been training a lot. Don't beat yourself up. You'll do fine." He says. I roll my eyes. "Is that not what you want to hear?"

"It's nice, but it's just what I keep hearing. It's like I think I'm a bad dancer and you guys are trying to tell me I'm not. I know I'm not a bad dancer, or I wouldn't have been in Teen Beach Movie, but Riker, you don't get it. These kids, who train, train all day everyday. They have no school, no friends, no life. I was so close to that and you guys saved me. But this...this is a once in a life time opportunity that I need. It's my one chance." I say. Riker just holds his arms out and I jump on the bed, hugging him. "I'm scared Riker."

Of doing this without knowing my grandmother is there for me.

"It's okay." He comforts. "Let's go get breakfast...we'll figure it out later." He says. I nod, due to the fact that, that's not the real problem.

We go to Stormie and Mark's room to get breakfast, which just so happens to be pancakes.

"Look who I found!" Riker says. I smile at everyone. Ross runs over, engulfing me in a hug.

"Nina! I was so worried! Where were you?" He asks. It must have been a twenty-four hour sickness lick everyone else's, because Ross sounds basically back to normal. That's good, considering he has his last concert in Amsterdam tonight. 

"I was...out." I say.

"Where?" He asks.

"Sleeping." I say.

"You went to sleep in the middle of an R5 concert?" Ross asks.

"I am really tired." I say. He laughs, and goes back to his pancakes. I take one and begin to eat.

*********************************************************************************************************

Tonight was the last Concert in Amsterdam and it was great. It helped me take my mind off Avoa. When we all got back we got ready for bed in Sotrmie and Mark's room again, discussing the highlights of the concert.

"Loud is just amazing! It's always so great." I say.

"She's just saying that because I had a guitar solo." Rocky says, flexing his arm muscles.

"Yeah whatever helps you sleep at night, Rocky." Ross says, kissing my cheek.

"Well, I'll meet you in the room Del!" I say.

"You're not going to wait?" She asks, stepping out of the bathroom, wiping her makeup off with a wipe.

"Nah. I've been screaming and jumping. I'm tired. My throat hurts." I say.

"Okay, I'll see you in there." She smiles.

"Good night." Ross says, coming up to me and holding my hands.

"Good night." I smile at him.

"Oh just kiss her already!" Riker yells. We both look over at him, with questioning faces. "I-I've always wanted to say that." We keep looking at him. "It's not cool unless you actually kiss!" He says. Ross shrugs and quickly kisses me goodnight. I smile and leave to Rydel's room.