A Vicious Cycle

After making sure no one was outside the door, I quickly packed my things and left the Lynch house without another word.

But of course, one week later, Ross and I forgave each other, like nothing ever happened...again.

But, a lot happened in that week, kinda.

Ellington and Rydel went on there first date, and Ross and Courtney...didn't. They're not going to go out, since Courtney learned that Ross kissed me.

Can't blame her.

But I was sick of the cycle that Ross and I were caught in. Like we were circling in a washing-machine, and I'm beginning to drown.

So, I decided it would be best to talk to Ross.

I went to the Lynch's and knocked on the door, only for Ratliff to answer it.

"Why are you answering the door?" I ask.

"Why wouldn't I be?" He asks.

"You don't live here." I say.

"Barely." He adds and I nod at the true statement.

"Hey, how was your date with Del?" I ask.

"To be honest, sucky. At first-I mean, we had fun, but the food was bad, the movie was bad, but her company was great."
"Do you think you'll have a second date?" I ask.

"Do I own a cow onsie?" He asks.

"I sure hope so...anyways, I'm going to talk to Ross."

"Oh...Rocky!" He calls. "Get in the baomb shelter! Rina's goanna blow!"

"Shut up!" I say, walking upstairs. As I go upstairs, I here a guitar strumming. I lightly knowck on the door of Ross and Rylands room, reminding me of better times.

"Come in!" I hear. I open the door to see ross sitting on the small sofa in the room, putting his guitar, Luna, down. "Hey Nins! What's up?"

"Can we talk?" I ask, closing the door and sitting on the couch.

"Yeah! Are...are you okay?"

"Ross, I just don't want this to happen anymore." I say.

"What are you talking about?" He asks, worried.

"We say we'll be friends, but then we kiss or something, then I tell you it can't happen, you flirt with Courtney , and we get mad. I-I don't want it to happen anymore Ross. I keep telling you, 'you can't date me, date Courtney', and while I can't tell you what to do, I'm obviously not okay with it...I kinda don't think you are either."

"What are you saying?" He asks.

"Maybe...maybe we should just lay off any dating for a while. To see if our feelings change and break away from this...this..."

"Vicious cycle." Ross says.

"Exactly...What do you say?"

"I say...it's what would be best for both of us. But Nina, I don't think what Raini said should keep you from dating me."

"Maybe not," I say. "But that's why I need time...to see..."

"So...it's not impossible...for us to be together?"

"I guess nothing is impossible." I say.