Choose (Part 2)

I walk downstairs to see the only spot left is next to Ross and Courtney. I look at Rydel and she looks worried. I look at Ross and we quickly look eye to eye before he starts making out with Courtney again. I Roll my eyes and sit on the floor in front of Rocky.

"Oh...hey Nina didn't see you." I hear Ross say. I roll my eyes.

"Hi Ross." I say, without looking at him. He laughs quietly.

We decide to watch Kick-Ass 2.

Half way through Riker says, "Nina, you want a turn to sit on the couch?"

"No, that's okay, I'm a lot smaller than you. I'm fine." I say, but I mostly didn't want to sit next to Ross and Courtney.

"No, come on." Riker says, sitting on the floor. I know he wont take no for an answer so I slowly sit net to Ross. as I do their disgusting kissing noises get louder. I look at Rocky who fake gags and  laugh.

"Alright that's enough!" Ratliff says, turning the TV off and standing up. "No one wants to hear you guys make out! So stop! It's gross!" I've never seen him so mad.

"I don't think I will. " Ross says, turning to kiss Courtney again, but he stops when Rydel gets up and pushes him away.

"Alright, that's it! Just because Nina doesn't want to go out with you doesn't mean you should sit here in spite of her eating Courtney's face. You're hurting her feelings!" Rydel yelled. Ross stood up.

"You know what! That's it! I got rejected, NOT her! So stop yelling at me for trying to feel better!" Ross yelled storming upstairs. Court quickly got her purse and stood up.

"I'm gonna go." She says before quickly running out the door."

"What a jerk!" Ryland says, throwing a pillow.

"I know, right? She was right next to him!" Rocky says. They all begin to babble about how mean Ross was to me until I stood up.

"No!" I said. They all looked at me.

"What?" Ryland asked.

"Ross is right. I'm not the victim here. I hurt him. I have to fix it." I say. Then I go to Ross and Ryland's room where I hear and acoustic guitar being lightly played. I lightly knock on the door.

"Don't come in." I hear him say, monotone like. I walk in anyways. He's sitting on his bed hunched over some paper with his guitar in his hands.

"Did you not hear me?" He asks, shoving the paper off the bed violently. I slowly walk over and pick up the paper and take one quick glance at it. I can't see much, but I do see the title.

Here Comes Forever

Ross looks at me as I slowly sit next to him on his bed like he's a animal about to pounce on me.

"What do you want?" He asks. I look at him, but I only see sorrow in his eyes...not anger.

"I'm sorry Ross." I whisper. He draws back a bit.

"What?" He asks.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for saying no and pushing you over the edge and then not caring that I did. I'm sorry." I say.

"It's...it's okay." He says. I see some of the sorrow melt away.

"But Ross...you have to choose." I say. Now he looks scared.

"Choose?" He asks, quietly. I nod.

"You say you're in love with Cecilia, but then you ask me out. You say you'll always love me, but then you're with Courtney. You can't have everyone." I say. He sighs and lays down on his bed, starring at the celling.

 "Tell me what to do." He says. I lay next to him.

"I think Cecilia is out. I mean, a girl with one purple eye? Come on! Sorry Ross, but you'll probably never see her again in your life." I say.

"I'll never forget her." He says.

"Yeah yeah, whatever." I say.

Glad that's done with.

"Now it's me or Courtney." I say.

"I choose you." He says with no hesitation.

"You choose Courtney." I say.

"No, I don't. I choose you."

"Ross, we won't work out."

"Why?"

"Because."

"Because why?"

"Because I said so!" I say, sitting up. He sits up to. I take a deep breath. "I'm sorry. There's just a lot of things that keep us from dating." I say. I look at him, and he looks at me. I get up and walk to the door, but before I can open it, Ross calls me.

"Nina?" Ross asks. I turn and smile at him.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"I'll always choose you." He says. My smile slowly fades.

"Choose Courtney." I say, before walking out, and closing the door behind me.