This Is It

While CJ was in the shower, I heard the doorbell ring, so I decided I would answer it. I opened the door to find none other than Ross.

"Ross? What are you doing? I told you leave me alone!" I say sternly.

"I know....it's just. I know you will never love me again-"

"Ross-"

"But that doesn't mean you'll never like me again-"

"Ross-"

"And I'm hear to invite you to my graduation party." He said.

"What?"

"I know you don't like me, but" He pulled an envelope from out of his back pocket and gave it to me. "We all get graduation parties, even though were homeschooled, and it would really mean a lot to me if you came."

"I-"

"I know it's stupid. Having a graduation party when we're homeschooled, but mom does it for all of us and she-"

"Ross. I-I have to think about it." I say looking at the envelope in my hands.

"You don't have to go. It would just mean a lot to me. If you don't go I understand. I know it's too late to RSVP but it's okay and Rydel will be there and Riker, Rocky, Ryland, Ratli-"

"Ross. I told you. I'll think about it."

"Okay. Well thanks." I saw his dark eyes flicker with hope. I sighed. "I'll leave now." Everything inside of me wanted him to come inside and watch that stupid Romeo and Juliet movie with me with popcorn on the couch as I watch him mouth all the words, but I couldn't because when I looked at him I just thought of him and Courtney.

"Ross." I say as he is walking to his car. He turns and looks at me. I sigh and look at the ground. "Have a good day." I say. I know it seemed stupid but it meant a lot. Saying something nice to him and meaning it. I look at him. He puts a hand on the back of his neck and scratches and I see him smile, but he quickly wipes it off. And looks at the ground.

"Yeah...yeah you too." Then he turns and jogs to his car. I close the door and run to my room.

I sit on my bed and open the card.

You Have Been Invited to the High School Graduation Celebration of:

ROSS SHOR LYNCH

Saturday, July Thirty-first Two Thousand and Thirteen

Three o'clock in the afternoon

Please wear semi-formal attire

RSVP by July 17, 2013

Hope to see you there!

I look at the envelope and see Ross' scribbly handwriting With my name on it and a heart next to it. I sigh again. I walk to CJ's room.

"CJ? CJ!" I say as I walk in and see her in a bathrobe combing her hair.

"What's up buttercup?" She asks as I sit on her bed.

"I have boy troubles." I say.

"More of them?" I laugh. She looks at me through the mirror. "What's up?"

"You know Ross?"

"Ross Shor, Austin and Ally, R5, Teen Beach Movie, your former friend, then former boyfriend and now enemy, boy who cheated on you and broke your heart?" She asked. I nod. "Nope never heard of him." I laugh.

"Well, he's invited me to his graduation party, and I don't know if I should go." I say.

"The boy who broke your heart for the first time invited you to his graduation party?" I nod. "He's gutsy."

"I know right. I don't want to go because-"

"He broke your heart?"

"Well...yes. But if I don't go I'll-"

"Regret it." CJ finishes for me. I nod. She comes over and sits on the bed and takes my hands. "Believe it or not sweetpea, I've gone through quite a similar situation."

"Really?"

"Absolutely."

"So...what did you do?" I ask.

"I went." She says.

"And?" I ask.

"I didn't regret it. Because I still loved him. But it actually helped me get over him."

"How?"

"Because I got the number of another cute boy at the party." I laugh. CJ stood up and began going through her closet. "So do you have something to wear?"

"Yeah I think so."

"When is the party?"

"Saturday at three. I'm going to go pick something to wear." I say getting up. "Thanks CJ." I say. When I reach the door I hear

"Nins?"

"Yeah?"

"Wear something that'll wow him." I smile, which makes her smile.

"Way ahead of you." I say and leave.