Ross' Strife for Understanding

What's better than Ross Lynch?

Ross Lynch with a puppy.

Enjoy!
**************************************************************************************

I literally screamed when he came in. Yup I let out a giant scream that cause Riker to scream too. I didn't even run. I just screamed. I sat were I was and screamed.

"Um...I just came back for my towel. Hey, Nina, are you coming to the beach? You can see my six pack." He said jokingly and busted a strong pose.

And that's when I ran.

When I got to my room, I just closed the door behind me and walked to my balcony. I even closed the balcony door, behind me, just incase I forgot to have locked my door and Ross came in. But, once I stepped onto the balcony, I saw the Lynches on the beach and that was the last thing I needed right now. So, I opened my balcony doors and was about to go back inside when I saw Ross standing in my hotel room.

Yup, I hadn't locked the door.

I love life.

I must pick the lesser of two evils, which is watching the other Lynches frolic on the beach, so I go back to doing that, but Ross unfortunately slides his way into the balcony before I can close it.

"What's wrong with you?" He asks.

"What did Riker tell you?" I ask him back.

"He told me to come talk to you." Great. Ross couldn't have entered the hotel at a worse time. Riker had no time to give me any advice. I was in this on my own and that would not be good, because unlike Riker I was unexperienced. I tried to think like I think Riker would, which didn't work because Riker and I have nothing in common, except for the fact that we both have brothers, but we also had that in common with most of the world.

So, I took a deep breath and jumped in, like Ross was a cold pool.

"Ross, I'm not in love with you." I say. What? Listen to Riker, Listen to Riker! But my mouth just continued. "Just because we can say Romeo and Juliet together does not mean we are in love." What am I doing?

"Okay. I didn't think we were in love." He says. calmly. But I notice he lets out a laugh, but not any laugh, a laugh like the one I did last night.

An uncomfortable laugh.

"Just because of some bad pizza and a romantic movie does not mean we're in love!" I say, a little loud.

"That's okay Nina. I didn't think we were in love." He said. "And as confused as I am with the pizza statement, I'm going to let it go." He says. I calm down and laugh. Maybe it wasn't an awkward laugh. Maybe I'm hearing things.

'Okay." I say.

"Okay." He says. He hugs me, and I smile. " Now I'm going to go get my towel and catch some killer waves." He says.

"Have a good time."

"I'll see you tonight, Nina." And he leaves.

I decide now that I feel better I'm going to get cleaned up and explore some shops downtown near where Ross and I had our not-date. As I am cleaning up, it strikes me. I don't love Ross. I mean, all of those thoughts had to have been genuine if they just spewed out of my mouth like that. Riker was just messing with me. That's how all of Ross' family is, thinking Ross and I will date. Like I said, Ross and I aren't right to date and never will. I am positive of that. I feel confident that we are just best friends.

I walk out of my room and see Riker heading to the beach.

"Hey Riker!" I say. He turns around and stops walking, so I do too, even though I'm kinda far away from him.

"Hey Nina! Did you work everything out? He asks.

"Yea. We're all good." I say. Riker raises an eyebrow.

"Really because I think that you told Ross that you don't like him. I know my brother Nina. When he went back in the room to get his towel, he was hurt." I didn't know what to do so  just sigh. Riker shrugs his shoulders and walks away. But, just as he takes a step he turns again. "Oh and Nina? Ella the Great and Powerful once said, 'denial is the worst form of the truth.'" And then he walks away.

Damn it, Riker.