The Mail Man and the Flight Attendent

"Hey Rocky! How was your show?" I ask through the phone.

"Great! I did this awesome guitar solo during Want U Bad  and it rocked! How's dance?"

"Good. I really like what they're teaching me."

"You better show us some cool flips when we get home!" I hear Ratliff scream.

"Tell him I will." I say.

"She will." Rocky repeats to Ellington.

"I really miss you guys." I say.

"Oh...Yea about that." Rocky starts.

"Ross didn't want to tell you this, because he thought you'd break up with him-" Rocky starts.

"What? What didn't he want to tell me, what's going on Rocky?" I interrupt.

"Calm down Nina, it's just that...Well we're staying four more weeks." Rocky says.

"What? But you've already been in Paris for two weeks...why are you staying longer? Isn't sixteen shows enough? Greedy French." I say.

"Well we're going to England." He says.

"England?"

"And Amsterdam."

"Amsterdam?"

"And Ireland." Rocky says

"Oh...I hope you guys have fun." I say sadly.

"We'll be back before you know it!" Rocky said in a cheery voice.

"That's what I've been telling myself for two weeks." I say. "Why would Ross think I would brake up with him for that?" I ask.

"Well...He cares about you, Nins. He's really scared of loosing you. Like everything he does he thinks you'll break up with him. He thinks that you'll think he's gone for too long."

"Rock, tell Ross to stop worrying. We're fine." I say. "I'll just open his letter." I say, going onto my balcony and letting the cool summer night air hit me. "It's fine."

"Thanks Nina. One of us will call you tomorrow. Ross will probably call you tonight." Rocky says

"Good luck with your show tomorrow. Tell everyone I say hello." I say.

"Bye Nins." he says and hangs up. I take Ross' letter out of my back pocket. Here we go. Finding out what the letter says. I rip the envelope with my finger and begin to pull the letter out. But I stop.

I have a better Idea.

I open my computer and begin some...business. Suddenly see my phone flashing. Ross is calling me.

"Hey sweetie." I say "What's up?"

"Nina, Rocky just told me he told you. I'm so sorry listen I love you-"

"Ross calm down. It's okay." I say.

"It is?" He asks.

"Don't be so worried. You're living your dream and I want to support you." I say. "I love-" I stop for a minute. "That your doing this. Living your dream. And I won't miss you that much." I say.

"Hey!" He says. "I know I'm in the city of love, but did you find a new LA boy?" He asks.

"No." I say. "I like Colorado boys." He laughs. "Plus, we'll see each other soon." I say.

"You're right. It's only a month."

"Yea...right." I say. "Well good night Ross. Don't want to waste all your minutes. We've got a month left of goodnight calls." I say.

"Good night Nina. I love you." he says and hangs up.

It'll be sooner than he thinks.

*********************************************************************************

So maybe it was corny for her to call him sweetie but when I wrote it my heart melted.

Hope you enoyed