Monday

When I woke up this morning, I knew it was the last Monday I would ever spend in Puerto Rico. Just like the first not-date,  wake u in my room, not remembering how I got up here. I look over at my nightstand to turn off my alarm, but see a hand-written note.

OPEN MONDAY MORNING

I shut the alarm off and pick it up the note.

Dear Nina,

I know what you're thinking. Ross, you could not get anymore romantic! Well, I had help from Rydel. Anyways, these notes aren't actually you're vows. There just notes I wrote you. You'll notice them all around your room. DON'T OPEN THEM UNTIL THEY SAY TO, or you'll ruin it. But, I have faith you won't.

Anyways, I wanted to write you a note. Today is Monday. Our last Monday in Puerto Rico. Possibly the last Monday I will ever see you. But I don't care. For now, this will be the most amazing Monday of my life.

Nina, one of my favorite things about you is that you are so intelligent that you can be distracted by simple things, simply because you think logically about them. You can take a glass of water out onto your balcony and just sit watching the waves for hours. This is simply  because you are mesmerized by their pattern. I remember I tried to do it with you once, but I got so bored after five minutes that I went in and watched TV. I tried to do it again once by myself, but it's especially hard to do when you've got four other siblings around and your best friend (other than you, of course).

Well, I guess see you virtually on another Monday. Somewhere, someday.

Happy Monday,

R.S.L.

I looked up and around to see other notes filling my room.

************************************************************************************************

When I get to set I go to the dressing tent and get in my surfer costume for meant to be. When I finish with my hair and makeup I come out of the tent, but don't see Ross. I do, see Maia. I go up to her and Gracie.

"Hi Maia, hi Gracie." I say.

"Hi Nina!" Gracie says.

"What's up?" Maia asks.

"Are you coming to the ball Friday?" Gracie asks.

"No, but I really need to talk to Ross before we start, do you know where he is?" I ask, still looking around frantically.

"Yeah he's with John and Mollee over there." Gracie said.

"Thanks I got to go!" I say. I run over to Mollee, John and Ross. They all says hi.

"Hi, Ross could I borrow you? Thanks!" I say, yanking Ross away from them.

"What's up?" He asks. But I just hug him and he hugs me back.

"I feel kinda bad. You do all these nice things and I'm just here." I say.

"Nina, all those things were surprises. Surprises are one way streets." He says. Then we get called to set.

This is the last time I will be called to set on a Monday.