Night Scares

Rydel invited me over to a sleepover this week, and I decided to go. She even told me that Ross will be at an Austin and Ally  cast party, so I won't have to worry about any awkward run-ins.

I wish there were no awkward run-ins and everything was the same as it used to be.

After we watched, The Notebook, in which, everyone cried, but me (Even Riker and Rocky) we went to Rydel's room. She has a beautiful big bedroom and closet too. We ordered Pizza, got in our PJs and sat in bean bag chairs. I took a slice of pizza and began to nibble at it.

"So...what do we do now?" I ask.

"What? Obviously! We tell secrets!" Alexa said.

"Yeah! You act like you've never been to a sleepover before!" Savannah remarks. They all laugh. I love Rydel, but she's acting weird. Like, around all of these girls.

"Well that's because I never have." I say, taking a bite of my Pizza. They all gasp in unison, causing me to look up.

"What? You've never had a sleepover?" Courtney asked.

"Nope." I took another bite. They all stared at me, wanting more. "I don't have any friends at school. I'm too busy with either dance or homework. I got to be the best so I'm either studding or dancing."

"Why don't you take a break sometimes?" Rydel asked.

"Yeah! I love modeling and acting, but I take a break with my friends all the time." Courtney adds.

"I'm not like you guys. You're all home-schooled which gives you more time. I don't have time for anything else if I want to be the best. I don't have time for friends, sleepovers or boyfriends." They all gasp. "That's why I've never had my first kiss." They gasp again. "Like, when Ross asked me out-"

"WHAT?" They all ask. Rydel looks excited. Alexa looked shocked. Savannah looks terrified and Courtney looks angry. Uh oh.

"When Ross asked me out to dinner the first night in Puerto Rico. You know, when he tried to get to know me more?" I said coolly. They all knew that was nothing so they all relax and sit back. Courtney lets out a breath.

Nice save.

"Well, now you can have sleepovers with us!" Savannah said. They all begin to daintily clap.

Lucky me!

After we all tell secrets, mine being that I never went to a sleepover, it was Courtney's turn.

"Alright guys, this is a big one." I was actually really excited to hear. She was making such a big deal. "I have a crush on Ross!" They all squealed. In joy.

"Are you kidding me?" I yell, louder than I wanted.

"Excuse me?" Courtney said.

"I mean it's pretty obvious. And he likes you too! He told me."

"He did!" She squealed. They all joined and I plugged my ears.

"We went to the beach and he told me he's gonna ask you out." More awful squeals

"Tell me everything." But that's when I realized she probably didn't want me to tell her everything.

"Um well he asked me if he should follow his head or his heart."

"And what did you say?" I can't tell Courtney that I told him to follow his head. If I did she would be upset.

"His heart." She smiled really big. "Um and he said he's gonna ask you out."

"That's so sweet!" Rydel said.

"Hehe...Yeah it was...it was great! But moving on-"

"NO!" Courtney said. "Tell me more!" I really didn't want to.