Fix Me

Named after the Coldplay song, "Fix You". I recommend you listen to it while reading this chapter.

So close to the end!
Enjoy!
********************************************************************************

So now, Everyone knew, and maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

But now, the tours over, my voice is back, and we're all back. It's all the same. Other than the fact that I have a Joffrey audition tomorrow. I know I practiced before I went on tour a lot, but I'm just nervous. I've been practicing for six hours just on ballet and it's only one o'clock. I now have a one hour break before we start for the rest of the day on pointe. Yay.

It's not that I don't like pointe...it just hurts.

I walk into the lobby of the rage to sit near my bag. I slip on a muscle tee over my sports bra.  

"There she is." I hear. I turn and see Ross smiling at me.

"Hey!" I say, going to him and giving him a hug and kiss. "What are you doing here?" I ask.

"You forgot your lunch when you came over this morning before practice." He says, handing me the bag.

"Thanks." I smile.

"ANd I figured since I'm not going to see you today or tomorrow, I would have lunch with you...please?" He asks. I laugh.

"Sure, come on." I say.

We walk up to the observing room, where we sit alone as we watch everyone else rehearse.

"Anyone else auditioning tomorrow that's here?" Ross asks.

"No." I say, eating half of my sandwich and giving the other half to him. He takes it with a smile, knowing I probably won't eat it anyways, since I do have another eight hours of dance after this.

"Aren't you tired?" He asks.

"You have no clue." I say. "Well, you probably do, going on tour and stuff, but not at the moment." I say.

"Yeah." He pauses to eat a piece of his sandwich. "Nins?" He asks. I look at him.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Are you okay? You seem...kinda distant." He says. I put my sandwich down on the aluminum foil, and wipe my hands together. Then I hold them together and look at him.

"Remember when we were on tour and I had a meltdown?" I say, looking as unconcerned as possible.

"Yeah. Because you were stressed." He says.

"I wasn't stressed, Ross." I say.

"Nina, what's wrong?" He asks.

"My grandmother died when we were in Amsterdam." I say. Ross' voice open slightly.

"Nina-"

"I don't want pity." I say. "I'm fine. It'll all work out. I know it." I say, looking at him. He moves the sandwiches and scoots closer to me, giving me a hug, in which I respond to by hugging him. He looks down at me, and I, up at him.

"Good. Your hazel eyes are too pretty to have tears in them." Ross says. I smile.

We finished lunch and I threw the bag away. I took his hand and walked him down to the door. We walked outside and I gave him a kiss.

"I love you, Nina." He says.

"I love you too." I say. We go to kiss again when I hear a large horn and I jump and look in the parking lot. A Toyota FJ Cruiser rolls down it's windows and I see Riker.

"Dude! It's been an hour? What is taking so long?" He asks. I look at Ross and smile.

"Goodbye Ross." I say, going inside for the rest of the day.