Ross and Rydel's Hitch

After I shower, I do simple makeup and throw on a black and white stripped skirt and a pink top. Just as I am brushing my hair, I hear a knock at my door. I go to the peep hole to see Rydel standing outside my door.

"Hi Rydel." I say, opening my door.

"What did you do to my brother?" She asks.

"What?"

She walks in and sits on my bed. I close the door and follow her.

"Ever since your walk last night all Ross has said to any of us is 'Boston, Boston, Boston.' It's like he's in a daze what happened? It's really getting out of hand. Riker is trying so hard to get Rocky not to punch Ross." Rydel says. I sigh.

"Last night I told Ross how it's going to be like impossible for us to hang out after the movie is done because I live in Boston." I say. Suddenly, the anger melts off Rydel's face and is replaced with sadness.

"Boston?" She asks, furrowing her brow.

"Not you too!" I moan as I fall back on my bed. Rydel falls next to me.

"We'll work it out, Nina. I promise." I smile, but I know that's probably going to be an empty promise. Not that that is Rydel's fault.

***********************************************************************************************************************

I go to Ross' room to get him so we can start our epic sleepover. We're going to get pizza and we chipped in money together so we can buy a stupid hotel movie. It's gonna rock.

When I reach the door I see Ryland.

"Hey good looking." He says leaning against the door Rocky pushes him.

"Dude, Ross has dibs." Rocky says. I open my mouth and Rocky looks at me and laughs but I'm still a little shocked.

"Is Ross here?" I ask, hoping to end the uncomfortable banter.

"Sure. Hold on." He says. He walks back in for a minute and then the door opens to reveal Ross.

"My brothers didn't say anything too bad right?" Ross asks. I smile.

"No." I lie. I don't know why I lied, but I feel like it's a 'if I don't hear it it's not true' kinda thing.

When we get to the room, I order the pizza (an extra large, knowing Ross) and Ross browses the movies. I hang up the phone when I hear Ross scream. I cover my ears and swirl the desk chair around quickly. He looks like a little kid on Christmas morning.

"What caused you to scream like a girl?" I ask. he rolls his eyes, but then looks at me.

"They have the 1968 version of Romeo and Juliet!" He squeals.

"Alright, would you like to watch it?" I ask. His heads whips from looking at the TV to at me

"Really?" He asks.

"Yeah. I've never seen it so it'll be cool to watch." I say.

"My family never lets me watch it. It's my favorite movie and they always say we watch it way too much." He says. I laugh.

"Well we can watch it."

****************************************************************************************************************

half way through the movie we are out of pizza. I haven't even been watching the movie. I've been watching Ross mouthing all of the words. And I don't realize there's a smile on my face till he tells me.

"Why are you smiling at me?" He asks.

"Because you know the whole movie." I say. He laughs and looks down. I pick up the remote and rewind to the balcony scene.