Chapter 114

Lucy's pov
"I can't give her the life she deserves, we are in debt. If I go to prison at least I'll have tried to fix things for us"  he says as he takes a step towards me again.
"Money doesn't fix everything. I'm sure she would much rather live her life in debt with you than alone"
"How would you know? You're young and have no idea about love."
I show him my hand, the ring on my finger. 
"I do. I know that despite how hard things are nothing is better than being in the arms of someone you love. You don't want to give that up do you?"

"Dispatch to 7 Adam-100 can we get an update on the situation? Back up is on route" my radio goes off from dispatch.
"Last chance, put the gun down and give it up. I'll tell them you came in easy, it will help okay?" I say looking at him softly.
Breathe.
"Fine" he says as he puts the gun down on the floor.
"Turn around, hands on your head" I say firmly as I step towards him pushing him against the wall, kicking the gun out of the way. He does as I say and I put the gun in my belt and put the cuffs on his wrist, putting them behind his back.
"You are under arrest for attempted armed robbery, anything you do say can and will be used against you in a court of law. Do you understand?"
"Yes" he says softly.
"7 Adam-100 to Dispatch code 4 suspect in custody" I radio as I grab hold of his gun, I walk him out of the convenience store.
"Everyone stay here, officers will come to take your statements soon. And you will be taken to hospital as a precaution." I say as I walk towards the shop placing him in the back seat.

Almost instantly three other police cars turn up and officers run into the convenience store. One of the officers walks over to me and I hand over his weapon for evidence.
"Well done detective Chen" Nyla says to me and I smile, as I shut the back door.
"Thank you" I smile at her.
"Chen!" I hear Greys voice echo towards me, I turn and look at him.
"Sir"
"That was incredible work in there, I heard everything on your body cam."
Before he can even finish his sentence I interrupt him. "Sir? Was there a reason for you to be watching my body cam?"
"You was in an armed robbery case, solo with no backup called"
"Respectfully sir there was no need for you to have listened in. Now I need to get this suspect into custody then I'll be back on the streets" I say as I walk around and get into the shop.

I immediately start the ignition and start driving towards the station. 
I can handle myself, why can't anyone see that? How many times do I have to prove that I can do it?
Maybe it's because Tim knows about how my parents treat me and now all he sees is that little girl.
My parents said everyone around me would see me as weak after everything that happened.
I don't need protecting, I don't need to be treated like I'm some victim. I feel trapped.