Chapter 27

Tim's pov
I woke up just before Lucy and she's still fast asleep. I stare at her, admiring her beauty. Gosh she makes the cutest little sounds while she sleeps. I slowly get up out of bed and walk into the kitchen. I feed Kojo and then make two cups of coffee. I walk into the bedroom placing Lucy's on the bedside table. I see her starting to wake up.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you, you can go back to sleep if you need" I say looking at her.
"Mm.." she says rubbing her eyes. "No it's fine" she says sitting up.
"I made you a cup of coffee and I was thinking if you're up for it after someone comes from the station to check on us we could take Kojo for a walk. We don't have to go far but it'll do you good to get some air and to walk for a little bit" I say as I sit at the edge of the bed.
"Thank you" she takes the cup off the side and has a sip. "It's really nice thank you, and erm yeah i guess so.." she says. I can tell she's hesitant about it.
"You don't have to, but if you do we will take it easy and if you need to come back we will. You have nothing to worry about, you have us two boys protecting you. Doesn't she Kojo" I say as I bend down rubbing Kojos ear.
"Yeah that's true, as long as we can watch top chef later babe?" She says smiling.
"Of course" I say as I get up and get dressed.
"Kojo is very fond of you Lucy, I've never seen him be like that around anyone" i say as I get changed.
"Well I'm very fond of him and his dad" she says smiling.
"Is that so" I say smiling ear to ear, I turn around and immediately kiss her and she kisses me back.
Every time I kiss her, I get this wave of emotions that I don't know how to explain but I can't tell you how happy she makes me.
She gets up, takes her clothes into the bathroom and gets changed. I know that she's still conscious of herself even though I think she's the most beautiful girl in the world. I keep thinking back to the moment when she said her baby was the light, and it made me think of the little moon on her duty belt. It was in that moment I had an idea.  I pull my phone out and message Angela.
Tim: hey Angela. Are you the one doing the check today?
Angela: yeah I will be coming and I think Grey is too as he wants to speak to Lucy. Is everything okay?
Tim: yeah no everything's really good, I was wondering if you could do me a favour and pick something up! I want you to hide in the food order if you could also pick that up.
Angela: yeah of course, is Chenford happening?!
Tim: Angela! No I'm not asking her out yet but things are going well.. and that's all I'm saying.
Angela: one step closer to Chenford!!
Tim: 🙄

Lucy's pov
I start to get undressed in the bathroom, taking off Tim's top and his shorts. I put on my bra and underwear. I see a glance of myself in the mirror... there it is.. the reason why I can't allow myself to get changed in front of Tim. I look hideous. I put on dark emerald green tank top on, with some black leggings. I brush my hair and cleanse my face. For once I actually feel safe.. I still can't get over last night, I actually told him I love him, I mean he said it first.. I didn't expect that at all. I walk out of the bathroom, and into the bedroom, I see him laughing as he's messaging someone. I grab the empty cups and walk into the kitchen. I start washing up as I feel him stood behind me wrapping his arms around me.
"Gosh you're beautiful" he says as he kisses me on the cheek. "Also Angela is going on about Chenford.." he says.
I turn around. "Oh is she now?" I say smiling.
"Oh you know about this?" He says giving me this side eye look.
"No but she mentioned it while I was in hospital.. she doesn't know about last night does she?" I ask.
"No she doesn't.. I didn't think it was my place to say without discussing to you what happened.." he says as he still has his arms around me.
" you regret it" i say and start to pull back.
"Lucy don't be daft, I don't regret telling you that I love you and kissing you" he says as he kisses me. "I do love you, I just wanted to cherish that moment between us and wanted to tell Angela when we was ready that's all" he says as he pulls me for a hug.
"And I don't regret telling you either.. how come you're being like this.. over a first kiss and a first i love you.. I don't recall you being like this with Isabelle" i ask him as I'm snuggled into his embrace. I mean do i really want to know.. what if he doesn't actually like me.. I don't blame him if he didn't.. but if I don't ask him now I know it will always niggle at me.
"You really want to know" he says as he placed his finger under my chin, lifting my head up gently to look at him.
I nod. "Mm yeah" I say.
"Because Lucy, you're different. Different to her in so many ways. I never felt the way I did with her that I feel with you, you make me feel safe, kissing you I don't know Luce it's intense but it's also safe. I didn't ever picture a future with Isabelle like I do with you, yeah I was scared when she overdosed but seeing you hurt and the way he hurt you made me want to do things to him. Lucy you're everything. And more" he says as he kisses me and then pulls back into his embrace.
I feel tears forming, but this time happy tears.. I've never had anyone say anything as nice to me as he has just done.
"Tim.." I say and he looks down at me.
"You've always been the one person I felt safe with, the one I wanted after Caleb, the one I wanted to rescue me with Chris, the one I thought of when I jumped.. the one I wanted to hold me when i went through the mis..carriage. The one I genuinely feel safe with.. I just want you to know that I don't blame you.. I know you've been feeling guilty but I don't want you to.. I love you Tim" I say looking at him. I see his eyes fill, I know deep down he needed to hear that. I stand on my top toes as he's way taller than me. And I kiss him on the lips. I wipe away the tear that's rolling down his cheek. He doesn't even need to say another word.
He takes hold of my hand and we sit on the sofa. I snuggle into him. I suddenly hear the door.