Chapter 25

Tim's pov
I stand there, looking down and I see the blood the floor, I feel like I'm in an out of body experience. Till suddenly feels these arms around me. I look up and see it's Angela.
"Tim.. what's happening" she says as she bugs me.
"Ange.. she was so scared.." I say as I turn to sit down.
"Tim what do you mean?" She says as she sits down next to me.
"She spoke.." I say looking at Angela. I mean i was happy to hear her voice but the pain and the fear in that voice.. it was soul destroying to hear.
"What did she say.. Tim.." Angela looks at me with this worry in her eyes.
" I must have fallen asleep Angela on the sofa after I got out of the shower. Id checked on her after the shower to see if she had eaten but she hadn't. So I gave her some space. I then woke up to Kojo barking, I knew it wasn't good when I heard him..I jumped up ange. And I mean I jumped up and run in to the bedroom, i shouted her and lifted the duvet up. I don't know why I lifted the duvet up, I just did. I saw the blood ange.. it was a lot.. all down her legs.. over the bedding... she couldn't even use her voice to tell me that she was bleeding. But she suddenly shot up and said that she was sorry and to give her what ever consequences because she deserved them.. ange.. it broke me hearing them words.. I cradled her and reassured her that she was safe and that didn't need to be sorry and that there was no consequences. But she tried to get up and said to let her clean it up and that she was sorry. I told her the only place she was going was to the hospital and I brought her here. She didn't say another word.. not even to the doctor when he asked how long she was bleeding for, and if she was in pain.. what if she was in pain this whole time? What if I didn't notice?! I just want to go into the station and have my hands on him.. she's not said a word since all of this and the first thing she says is because of things he's done to her.." I feel the tears streaming down my face, I feel my hands tensing up as I get angry thinking about what he's done to her.
"He really did hurt her didn't he.. I think her being the way she was, impacted her more. I mean she brought up the consequences thing to me too.. do you think it's something he used to say to her if she didn't react the right way?" Angela asks grabbing hold of my hand trying to keep me calm.
"Wait she's mentioned it to you? What do you mean? In what way?" I asked slightly confused. "You didn't tell me?"
"Tim just wait..look I probably should have mentioned it to you but I assumed you knew but also thought she'd be okay now. It was the day she came round, we told her about the potential for a miscarriage. I went in to offer to have the girls chat while you went and splashed your face or something. She turned and shouted at me saying did I know how it feels to be forced into a pregnancy, to be told she will either miscarry or if she makes it to term it will be almost impossible, i tell her no but that i want to support her in anyway I can and that you do too. She immediately breaks down crying and says don't give me any consequences I'm sorry. I tell her that she's safe and that Chris isn't here, that we all want what's best for her." Angela says.
"Fuck" I say. "I shouldn't left her, I should have stayed with her. I've let her down way too many times by leaving" I say.
"No Tim you can't blame yourself, she even told you herself that she doesn't blame you. Tim she still feels safe around you, i mean god you was the one holding her while she delivered her baby.. the ones she allowed near her after everything... she reaches out for you. You clearly have a special place in her heart, and I know you have her in a special place in your heart. Now what has the doctor said?" Angela says reassuring me.
"Yeah.. you're right.. and nothing. He felt her stomach and told her to nod if she had any pain or discomfort and she did. So he just said that he needed to immediately take her into surgery. I kissed her on the forehead and said that I'm right here and to keep fighting and I'll see her when she comes round" i reply back looking at the clock to see she's been gone for around an hour and a half. My foot starts tapping.
"Tim are you okay?" She asks.
"Sorry yeah.. Lucy would know what to do.."
I say as I break down. Angela pulls me in for a hug. She holds me close. I know Angela hugging me right now is her way of trying to make me feel better but the only hug I want like this is off Lucy.
An hour goes by and the doctor wheels Lucy back in.
"When we got into surgery we discovered that as her body was healing from the miscarriage and everything was shrinking down, some of the stitches we had done on an earlier surgery had come loose. Hence the free fluid and the blood loss. Now she's had to have a blood transfusion but she should be okay now. As this was a minor surgery, and we have no concerns plus also due to her long time in the hospital we believe it's best for her to go home as soon as possible so she can recover the best." The divot says as he shakes my hand.
"Thank you doctor, thank you" i say smiling, looking at Angela and then back at Lucy who is just opening her eyes.
"Morning beautiful" I say as i stroke her hair and she just smiles at me.
"Let's get you home, do you want to walk or shall I carry you" i keep trying to give her the options and the opportunities to talk.
Instead she just reaches out for me so I pick her up, of course Angela snaps a photo smiling and giggling to herself.