Chapter 87

Tim's pov
The nurse has been to take her IV out and Lucy turns so her legs are dangling off the bed.
She sits for a second before standing up slowly.
"Do you.." I try to say before she interrupts me with her favourite saying at the moment.
"I'm capable" she says rolling her eyes.
"Yes miss capable, may I take your hand?" I say jokingly back to her.
"Don't be silly of course you can" she says smiling as she takes hold of my pinky and we walk out of the hospital slowly towards the car. I open the door for her to get in, i then go round to the drivers side and get in.
I fasten my seatbelt and just look at her for a second.
"What?" She says looking at me.
"Nothing just thinking about how beautiful you are that is all" i say smiling at her, and she leans and kisses me on the cheek.
"I'm.." she tries to say before I interrupt her back.
"Nope not hearing it. You don't need to say it" I say rolling my eyes as I start to drive off.
"How did you know what I was going to say" she says puzzled.
"Because I know you" I say smirking.
"Too well" she says giggling.
Man I missed hearing her giggling, her little come backs, and our favourite saying.
As I drive home I notice she's sat with her head against window nearly falling asleep. But then she looks at me and says "is Elsie okay?"
"She's okay babe, she's been told you're okay too as she was worried about you" i reply back.
"I didn't mean to.." she says worriedly.
"Sh she knows that. She's not mad at you. No one is. We're all just glad you're okay and we will get through this" i say as i put one hand on her thigh, she lays back again and has her head resting against the window.
As we pull up the drive, I noticed that she was in a deep sleep and I know that because I was paying attention to her breathing on the way home. Her breathing changes when she's in a deep sleep, she has this really quite but cute snores. Now if you told her that she would not believe you or think it's ugly but I think it's beautiful.
I quietly get out of the car, walk around to her side, slowly opening the door catching her in my arms. I cradle her as I walk in, I walk straight to the bedroom and tuck her into bed.
Kojo obviously realised his mummy was home so he's following behind with his tail wagging.
"Mummy's home" I say quietly to Kojo as I rub his head. He jumps up on to the bed and lays just under Lucys feet.
I get changed and then climb into bed next to her.
"Tim?" She says tiredly.
"I'm here baby" i say as I open my arms, she rolls into me and closes her eyes again.
"I love you Tim" she says quietly as she doses back off to sleep.
"I love you too" i say as i stroke her arm like usual. I don't fall asleep straight away, i just lay there watching her.

Lucy's pov
I wake up earlier than Tim for once and I notice he is still cuddled into me with arms around me. I'm laid on the fetal position, curled into him.
I just lay there, listening to his breathing, his heart rate. His snoring.
I just feel so safe, I just want to stay here forever. Just in this moment.
About an hour goes by and Tim wakes up. I just look at him, i kiss him on the cheek.
"Morning sleepyhead" i say.
"Mhm morning, says you who had to be carried into bed" he says rolling his eyes as he kisses me on the forehead.
"Shh" I say as I kiss him gently on the lips.
"We will be okay right?" She asks me nervously, I can tell it's been playing on her mind a little by how she asks me.
"We will, we will be okay" i say as I pull her in to a closer hold.
"Shall we get up feed Kojo, and then we can grab the blanket, you can have a shower. I'll make some pancakes and we can just chill on the sofa today?" I ask her.
"Sounds good but can we just lay for 10 minutes, I've missed this" she says smiling looking up at me with them puppy dog eyes she sometimes gives me.
"10 minutes" I say shaking my head.
"What are you making me watch?" She asks me referring to the conversation of yesterday.
"Hmm we could always catch up on the rest of the game?" I say to her.
"Ugh fine i suppose I did make you miss half of it, I'm.."
"Shh you're not saying it. Look" I say as I hold her head up slightly so she's looking at me. "You don't have to apologise every two seconds babe, you haven't done anything wrong. You was scared and for you to be scared I know it's something major. Because you're a fire cracker, a tough cookie. When you're ready we can talk about it but I'm not pushing you to"
"I promise I'll tell you, I just need to fully understand and process it all myself, some of it I didn't even know myself till the other day"
"And that's okay, I'll be ready whenever you are. Now missy it's been 10 minutes get that cute arse of yours in that shower"
"Ugh yes sir" she says rolling her eyes as she climbs out of bed and heads into the shower.
I get up and head into the kitchen, i feed Kojo and then make a start on the pancakes.
I make Lucy her favourite smoothie in case she doesn't eat, the smoothie will help.
I grab the spare blanket and pillows laying them on the sofa ready.