Chapter 23

Tim's pov
As I walk out carrying Lucy, I see Grey getting out his car. He walks towards me, he opens the car door so I can place Lucy in the car. I fasten her seatbelt. "Two seconds Lucy. I'm right here you can see me. I'm just going to talk to Grey then we can go" I say trying to reassure her as I close the door.
"Sir?" I say looking at him confused.
"It's nothing to worry about Tim don't worry,  now Chris is in custody as you're aware and we have been given a court date. 2nd of  november at 10:30am. Now Lucy doesn't have to attend this court date at all, but she will be able to watch it on her computer if she so wishes to do. You can also inform her that her job is still open, i wasn't going to accept her request to leave with immediate affect like that. Now you go look after your girl and please if you get together let me know so I can celebrate Chenford" he says giggling.
"Oh no you was in on it too?" I giggle.
"No comment Sergeant Bradford" he says.
"But yes sir I shall look after her, and inform her of the court date and that her job is still hers. I appreciate that." I say back as Grey gives me a hug and then leaves. I get into the back of the car, holding Lucy's hand. Angela drives off.
We get to mine and Lucy is still yet to say a word to me or to anyone. Angela grabs the bags and takes them inside, I carry Lucy in to the house. I take her into the bedroom, and lay her down on the bed. I tuck her in, and Kojo comes running straight into the bedroom. And straight past me, he jumps and nudges Lucy's arm. She lifts her arm and he cuddles right into her.
I just stare for a second, yeah I'm butt hurt that my own dog ignored me running past me and went straight to Lucy. But it warmed me too, I knew she as someone special because Kojo wouldn't do that with any of my ex's. I walk into the living room, i thank Angela and she leaves after giving me a hug.
I stand there stuck on what to do.. I grab the clothes from the hospital, putting them in the wash. I see the one top that Lucy was wearing when she miscarried. Covered in the blood. I kind of just stare at it in this plastic bag, and i then grab out the other plastic bag of clothes that she wore when she jumped. The ones that Bailey had to cut off her. Once the first wash was done I put the second lot in, including that top. I then make Lucy a sandwich taking it in to the bedroom. I place it on the bedside table.
"Lucy, I've brought you some food and a glass of water. Please make sure you eat it okay?" I say as I give her a kiss on the forehead. She doesn't reply. I give Kojo a kiss. "You're such a good boy looking after mummy aren't you". I then head into the bathroom and I have a quick shower.
I get out and I head to the bedroom, I notice she hasn't eaten anything, that she's still laid in that fetal position. I really don't know what to do...
I sit on my knees on the floor, I grab hold of her hand. "Lucy.. I'm worried about you.. please at least eat something.. talk to me... I'll make you whatever you want.." I say begging and hoping I hear something from her.
Id always tell her in the shop to not talk as much, my god did I take that for granted. I get up and head into the living room, I sit down and I must have nodded off because the next thing I know I hear Kojo barking like crazy.
Now Kojo has never exactly been a loud dog so I know instantly that there's something wrong. I jump up running to the bedroom, I see Kojo nudging Lucy, then looking at me and back at her.
"Lucy!" I say I immediately pull the duvet back off her, I see the blood.. all in between her legs.. on the bedding.. down her legs.. fuck
"Lucy can you hear me?!" I panic. I see her jump up.
"Immm sorry... give me whatever ccconsequences... I deserve them.. I'm sorry..." she bursts into tears.
"Hey hey hey. Shhh it's okay. You've done nothing wrong, there's no consequences baby, you're safe, I've got you" i say as i immediately pick her up cradling her.