Chapter 67

Angela's pov
"Hey I'm so sorry to do this sis but somethings come up can you stay here and watch jack?" I say as i get ready to leave.
"Of course go!" She says and i do. I run out of the house and straight into the car.
I head for the hospital and as i get there I get this feeling something feels off. My detective instincts just immediately kick in. As I get out of the car, I constantly look around for anything out of the ordinary but everything seems like the typical night here. I walk in, and I go straight up to reception.
"Hi, I'm detective Angela Lopez, I'm here to check on Officer Lucy Chen who was brought in earlier." I say to the nurse. I shouldn't be using my detective powers but right now it needed to be done.
"Of course" the nurse says she looks at the computer to see what room she's in. "Room 23. Lets go I will come with you"
We walk to her room, the nurse knocks.
"Miss Chen it's nurse Rose I've got detective Angela Lopez here for you"
No response. I know this ain't right. If she knew I was here she'd panic that something has happened to Tim.
I knock. "It's me Lucy can i come in" still nothing.
The nurse opens the door.
The room empty. The bag is still on the floor. She can't have gone anywhere within the hospital because the IV is just there unattached and laid on the bed. There's blood around the needle and on the bed. The hospital gown is on the bed folded.
"Nurse where is she?" I ask her calmly.
"No idea. I'll inform security" the nurse says.
I look around, I know she can't have been taken, it's messy in regards to the bed being made but I know Lucy. I know she'd fold her clothes. She always does. She's left but why. It doesn't make sense. I mean it now explains why she was so happy for Tim to leave but now what. Where is she? Is she okay?
"I shall come with you. I need to see the security footage" i say as I walk with her down the corridor to the security office.
"Detective Angela Lopez, I came to check on a colleague, Officer Lucy Chen in room 23 however she was not there. Her IV was out so I need to see where she has gone" I say looking at him.
"Understood miss. Do we know what time?" He asks.
"We left around 7, doctor does he round around 8pm right?" I ask
"Correct, she was seen by him at 8pm. She was stable. Just tired which is understandable" the nurse says.
"Okay, I'll load it from there" he says.
It loads and at 8:13pm you can see her walking out of the hospital. Straight out of the doors. Head up. Eye's looking down. She didn't signal so she's not in any danger from anyone. She's in the clothes I brought her so I had a description to use. She slightly had her hand on her stomach but not tightly.
"Any footage from outside?" I ask.
"I'll load it up." He says.
You see her walk out, she stands for a second before heading off but you can't see where she goes.
"Thank you, I'll have some officers come by soon and take that footage" i say as I leave.
Now what.
I walk out the way Lucy did, I walk up the road and i stand roughly where we loose sight of her.
I need to inform Grey and oh gosh Tim.
Maybe she's gone home, her safe space. I'll get Grey to meet me at Tim and Lucy's, and on the way I'll pickup Wesley and Tim.
I walk back to my car, putting my phone on loud speaker I call Grey. I start to drive to the bar.
"Lopez it's 9:00pm what do you need?" He says grumpily.
"Grey it's Lucy" and before I can even say a word..
"What's happened? Is she okay?" You can hear the panic in his voice.
"She's left the hospital" i say
"What do you mean she's left? She discharged herself? Where is she? Does Tim know? Wait wasn't Tim with her?" He asks slightly worried but also confused.
"No they weren't. She encouraged him to go out with Wesley to watch the game, she seemed happy but now looking back it's odd that she did that. In the past all she's wanted is him to be as close as possible. She's got this thing about wanting to look strong at the moment but I can't pin point why. She didn't discharge herself, the doctor did his round then she took her IV out, got changed and walked out. Then disappears. I'm going to guess she's gone home so I'm driving to pick Tim up now" I say.
"Okay send a description of what she's wearing to me, it is odd that she's behaved like this. I thought they was good. And yes I'll meet you there. It doesn't make sense. Something's bothering her a lot. Did she do any distress signals at the camera?" He says as I hear shuffling around trying to get ready to drive to Tim and Lucy's.
"I will do, and they're more than good which is what makes it all confusing. No distress signals whatsoever. Head up. Eyes down. She's using her cop brain, if she's not home then it's going to be hard to find her. She's one step ahead already. You don't think this has anything to do with this Lucia thing and her childhood? I mean I'm guessing it's her childhood but the whole not wanting to seem to weak doesn't make sense.." i say.
"Did she mention about Lucia thing at any point?" Grey asks.
"Now that you mention it yeah she did when she was bleeding out she said it Tim when you find out what he means don't think of as weak" i say remembering.
"Okay it doesn't make sense because if she went though that Angela my gosh..I don't even know where to begin" he says as he starts driving.
"No me neither, she's already so strong to me with everything she's been through, this must have truly hurt her in ways I can't think of." I say feeling worried about her.
"Yeah exactly and we don't even know the extent of it all, and the fact she hasn't even told Tim says a lot. How did you know to check on her? How far are you?"he asks.
"Well you know Tim he was worrying about her and then he realised she didn't have her phone on her as she left it at home when she went undercover. The deal for him leaving was that she'd ring if she needed him. Just pulling up to the bar now, hoping Tim hasn't had a heart attack I'll meet you there"
"For once he's not being paranoid. But we need to be careful in case he spirals with this guilt issue. Hopefully she's at home"
"Hopefully"  i put the phone down.
I pull up at the bar, I see Tim and Wesley sat outside.
I get out of the car and walk towards them. 

Tims pov
After what feels like eternity waiting I see Angela walking towards us, she has this look on her face. The look of her trying to work out how to say this, I've seen this look before and I don't like it. Not one bit.
"What is it Ange? Just tell me it straight up. I'm loosing my mind here" i say worriedly.
"Look Tim I can't say because I don't know. Get in the car we're going to yours, Grey is meeting us there" she says.
"That's not a good sign. What's going on?!" I snap at her.
"Tim I'll explain in the car just go" she says and we get in the car.