Chapter 42

Lucy's pov
Angela decides she's going to give me a lift home.
I get into the car.
"Lucy are you sure you're in the right head space to go undercover? There's something going on with you and Tim. You know going undercover is hard never mind if your personal life isn't squared." Angela says as she starts the car and starts driving.
"I'm fine to go undercover. Me and Tim I don't know what's happening." I say as I sigh.
"What's going on with you? He had a big smile on his face yesterday and today he's just completely different. Is it the undercover?" She asks.
"We was good and i mean incredible yesterday. He came home from work, and informed me that he told Grey he wants to go to metro as he didn't feel like being a TO was for him anymore. He didn't discuss it with me, he just kind of informed me. I was took back that he felt like he couldn't talk to me about it" I say.
"Yeah I see where you are coming from but I don't see what the big deal was today as I overheard him saying about you being like Isabelle?" Angela says.
"Oh you heard? It was nothing.." I say trying to avoid the fact that it hurt me when he said that.
"Come on Lucy, it wasn't nothing" Angela says.
"When Grey asked me to do this undercover, i wanted to say yeah there and then. But I respected him enough to speak to him first. I told him that I was considering it and that it was full surveillance. He said it was too soon, that he was annoyed that you, Grey and Nyla knew and didn't tell him. Then it was that I'd clearly made my mind up so there was no point in the discussion. I explained that I valued his opinion and that's why I went to him first, that we are suppose to be in a relationship. He just says we are in a relationship. Then at lunch... I tried to discuss it again, he brings up how he hates I didn't discuss it with him before making my mind up. That's when he says that I'm like Isabelle and it hurt. So I snapped back and said that he was the one who did that about metro. But yeah other things get said and that's it. We haven't spoken since" i ramble.
"Lucy.. you haven't done anything wrong. If you feel ready for this you feel ready for it. You attempted to discuss it with him. He clearly doesn't want you to go. Have you told him you've made your decision?"
Angela says.
"No, I haven't, are you okay if I call him now?" I say as I grab my phone.
"You don't want to do it when he get the home?" She asks.
"I would but after how we left things I don't know if I can handle the arguing tonight. I need an early night. He won't be home yet." I reply back.
I call Tim.
Tim: what?
Lucy: are you home?
Tim: nope going to do some more paperwork then I'll be home.
Lucy: okay well I may be asleep when you get home but just wanted to inform you that I'm going undercover. This isn't how I wanted to tell you but I can't handle us arguing.
Tim: ok
And he puts the phone down.
I sigh deeply.
"Lucy he will come around before the morning" Angela says trying re assure me as we pull up the drive.
"We might not.. Angela we really was in a good place. Things happened with us and I was happy." I say looking down.
"Wait did you sleep together?!" She says excitedly.
"Yeah.." I say shyly.
"Lucy that was a big step for you, was it's the day before Tims first day back?" She asks looking at me.
"Yeah why? Did he tell you" I look at her puzzled.
"No but he had a glow about him and you did this morning when you came in" Angela says.
"I sometimes hate how good of a detective you are" i say giggling. "Look I'm gonna head in and I'll see you in the morning" i say getting out of the car and heading into the house.
I immediately greet Kojo or shall I say he greets me. I go into the bedroom and start packing my stuff that I'm going to be taking with me tomorrow. Clothes, hair brush, tooth brush, birth control but I make sure to take my name off the box as I can't risk showing that. I head in the shower, I get into some pjs and I come out of the shower. I see that Tim isn't home yet, I kind of hoped he would be so we could talk about it. I decide to carry the suitcase into the hallway, leaving it pressed against the wall near the spare room. I head into the spare room and climb into bed. I just lay there staring endlessly at the ceiling. I hear the front door and I know it's Tim. I just close my eyes.

Tim's pov
I walk in the front door, I do not know what to say to her if I see her. I'm just annoyed but I don't want her to go tomorrow without sorting things. As I walk in i see the suit case in the hallway, she's not in the kitchen nor the bathroom or the living room. I hope that she's maybe in the bedroom, I open the door and no. Fuck. I panic thinking she's gone out or something but I decide to check the spare room on the of chance she's in there as the suit case was leaning against it. I slowly open the door, and I see her curled up with her eyes closed.
I stand there a second, I can tell she's not asleep but maybe she's not ready to talk about things. I just don't understand why she chose to sleep in the spare bedroom. We've only had that one argument but we was sorted in no time and she was back in our bed. Maybe she will come out. I head into the bathroom and have a shower, I get changed. As I come out of the bathroom I pray she's sat in the living room but no. So I head into the bedroom and climb into bed. She's got to be doing this because she feels like she has to prove herself right. I mean I know she wants to do undercover but this is too soon. I can't settle so I head into the spare bedroom.
"Lucy" i say quietly. She doesn't respond. I hear her snoring and I know she's actually fallen asleep this time but I see her pillows wet so I know she's been crying.I decide it's best not to wake her and I head to bed. I eventually fall asleep.