Chapter 14

Tim's pov
I slide down the wall, I feel Angela pull me back up. I glance behind to look at Lucy one more time. I see her fragile ever so small body begin seizing.
"Angela!" I shout.
"Shh Tim come on, she's in the best hands..she will be okay" she says but I can tell she's not so sure. We walk back into the waiting room.
"Grey we got the statement. It's worse than we thought." Angela says
"I feared as much, Nolan, Smitty, Nyla go arrest that excuse of a man." Grey orders.
Nolan, Smitty, Nyla get up and run out of the station not without giving Tim a sympathetic tap on the shoulder and smile. 
"So what's going on?" Grey asks looking at Angela as he can see Tim is a ghost.
I'm sat there I can hear them but I can't find myself to speak. I can't believe I saw her like that..her body is really struggling and I feel like it's all my fault. I should have been there more after Caleb. Well no in fact it's my fault she went to Caleb, I should have stopped her seeing Chris, I shouldn't have left when she shouted at me to go, I should have made sure she didn't jump, I shouldn't have pushed her to give that statement. But it was better than the alternative of me getting my hands on him.

Angela's pov
"Okay so we got her statement, he forced into sexual acts as well as physical and emotional abuse. And in terms of her right now she's currently seizing. She was talking to us, her eyes started closing and she said she was tired then that was it. I am genuinely worried about her Sir. Even if she comes through this there's a lot that needs to be discussed. Her self harm, the weight loss tablets, not eating, her trauma. It's a lot worse than we thought. Tim is finding it hard too, he has a lot guilt."
"My god.. Chris was the last thing she needed, I can't believe he has done that to her. Hopefully they can stop this seizure as soon as possible. And yes it will be a long recovery. I do think things need be to different than how it was after Caleb. I was thinking, having Tim and Lucy together at either property. Lucy feels safe with Tim, and Tim needs to feel like he's helping. And the rest of us will take it in turns in checking in. If no one answers, we check back within an hour, try their cellphones. Failing that we do an immediate well fare check. Just for now till things settle. What do you reckon Lopez" grey asks.
"I think that sounds perfect Sir. Now let's just hope she pulls through this. I can't imagine life without her and I don't know Tim would cope. " I reply back. I then go and sit next to Tim, placing my hand on his shoulder.
"She will get through it Tim, when she's out I think you should stay with her. Whether it be at yours or hers. Grey has cleared it, you'll be off on paid leave for as long as you need it. She feels safe with you and she needs that right now and you need to get your head right. You need to feel like you're helping her" I say to him rubbing his shoulder.

Tim's pov
"Yeah.. I think that's a good idea.. she just needs to pull through this..she has to ange" I say trying not to cry.
"Family of Lucy Chen" the doctor calls out.
Myself, Angela, and Grey go straight up the doctor.
"Okay so good news she's stable, unfortunately she's had to be put into an induced coma. Her body is struggling to keep her alive right now and until we figure out the cause it's best for her be in this induced coma. Her being out of it was causing too much stress resulting in the seizure." The doctor informs them.
"How long for?" I ask.
"It's hard to say till we can pin point the issue, id say around a couple of weeks. Obviously hoping for sooner. Now we've moved her into another room, a more permanent room. It has a sofa bed for anyone who wishes to stay a night, room 39."The doctor says as he heads off to the next patient.
I stand there.. trying to process this.
"That's a good thing Tim. She's stable, yes she's an induced coma but it's just till they figure what's happening. Her body isn't struggling as much" Angela says in a reassuring tone.
"She's right bradford, now go see her. I'm gonna head to the station to see Chris. She will be okay son" grey says giving me a hug and a pat on the back.
"I'm going to go see my boys, I'll bring you some clothes and things later on" Angela says also giving me a hug.
I stand still, for what feels like eternity. I eventually walk down the corridor. Room 35, room 37, room 39. I stand at the door, I open it twisting the door handle. I feel my heart racing. I walk in and see her there. Laid perfectly still. More tubes and wires, the oxygen tank breathing for her. I go and sit at the chair next to her holding her hand. I stroked her hair. I eventually fall asleep with head on her bed, still holding her hand.

Angela's pov
I got to the hospital with a bag of clothes for Tim, some snacks and a few things for Lucy. As I walked into their room, I saw him laid with his head on her bed. I saw that he was asleep so I took a little photo of them before putting the bag down. I stood there for a second, it broke my heart seeing Lucy the way she was, the fact the machine was breathing for her. I knew she'd hate it. I head out before waking Tim up. As I head down the corridor I send him the photo with the caption.
"#cuties also the bag of stuff is in the room" I giggled to myself and I head off home.

Tim's pov
A couple of hours go by and I wake up to the doctors coming in to do their checks. "She's stable" I hear them saying before leaving. I lift my head up, still holding her hand. I look at her and every time I do I feel my heart break. I grab my phone out of pocket with my other hand. I see the notification from Angela. I click on it, rolling my eyes and I giggle. Oh of course she'd do that I say to myself.