Chapter 31

Lucy's pov
The whole ride there is just full of laughter and smiles, it honestly made me really glad I decided to take the courage and go. Tim has his hand on my thigh the whole time. Eventually we get there, Tim and well all the men get out and then help us out.
He takes hold of my pinky as we walk up to the endurance. The arch is full of gold, black and white balloons, the DJs playing the music, the bars open, I see Nyla and James stood over by the bar, I see John and Bailey walking over towards us. Johns in his usual black suit, I expected nothing less from him. And Bailey is in skin tight at the top bright red dress, that's short at front and long at the back. Her hair perfectly straight.
"Lucy!" I hear John shouting, i immediately go up to him. "Hey!" I say as he leans in for a hug and a kiss on each side of my cheek.
"Bailey you look beautiful" I say smiling as I give her a hug. "As do you Lucy, I'm really glad you could make it" I smile at her.
"Congratulations to you both, I'm really happy for you." I say as I smile and then I feel Tim's hand graze my arse and I turn and give him the look. Everyone greets each other, and we all take a huge selfie together.
I head in see Celina dancing with Thorsen, Angela dancing with Wesley, Nyla and James, Luna and Grey, Bailey and John. I then look at Tim.
" I believe I owe you a dance" he says smiling at me.
"Oh a debt is owed" i say smiling at him as I take his hand. We head to the dance floor.
An hour so goes by and all the men are at the bar, im sat in between Bailey and Angela.
"Sooo lucy" Nyla says and everyone looks at me.
"Whattt?" I say smiling.
"How is things with hard ass Tim Bradford" she asks smiling.
"There's nothing going on, we're just going with the flow and yeah that's about it" i say as I take another sip of my drink.
"Really? Because he's not took his eyes off you tonight, and he's definitely going soft." Nyla says.
"I definitely don't think he's going soft in general, I think it's just Lucy" Angela says and they all nod in agreement.
"He's probably just watching me because this is my first time out since the whole situation" i say trying to think of a cover story.
"Yeah you're probably right" Celina says.
"Thank you!" I say smiling at her.
"How's life with jack, Angela? He sleeping through?" Celina asks.
"Oh yeah nearly, how's Lila sleeping Nyla?" Angela replies looking at Nyla.
"Yeah most of the night" she smiles.
I should be joining on this conversation, talking about what to expect when my baby arrives but I failed that.. I start to play with my chain around my neck. I don't even realise I'm doing it till I see Tim walking over. "Hey Luce you okay?" He says looking at me.
"Yeah no I'm good, I'm just gonna head to the ladies room" I smile back. I excuse myself and head off. I take a few deep breaths before heading back out. Next thing I know we're all dancing and drinking, and genuinely having a good night.
I take Bailey to the side.
"Hey, I just wanted to say thank you for allowing me to come still after this whole situation and I'm sorry that you had to change venue" i say and I feel her put her arm on my shoulder.
"Lucy don't daft, you're a good friend of Johns and mine, and sh don't say anything but I prefer this than the venue John chose" we both giggle and then we hear "what's so funny ladies". I turn and see John. "Nothinggg" we both say at the same time smiling.
"I'll leave you to each other". I say as I walk off. I look over and see Tim at the DJ so I walk over,
"Hey" I say as I kiss him on the cheek.
"Hey babe" he says kissing me back on the cheek then nodding his head at the DJ.
"Lucy will you do me the pleasure and take this opportunity to dance with me?" He says holding his hand out.
"Of course" I say as I take his hand and he leads me to the dance floor. I can't help but smile as he puts his muscular arms around me, slowing dancing with me.
"Lucy, I know you've been going through some difficult stuff recently"
I interrupt him before he can say another word. "We've, because I know it hasn't been easy on you and I can't imagine how difficult it's been on you too" i say as I look up at him.
"It has Lucy, to see you hurt and not be able to do anything but also other things that I'd like to discuss tomorrow. But that's not the point of right now. I heard this song that the DJ is going to play. It reminded me of me and you. It'll make sense when you hear it but it's about how it felt like we was in a bubble before we broke the news to you and sometimes I wish I could put you back there so you was happy again.." he says as I can tell he's choking up.
"You do make me happy Tim Bradford" I reply back.
He nods at the DJ. The song plays but only from a certain part because Tim wants to make his point across without bringing too much attention to them.