Chapter 13

Tim's pov
Tears are just dripping down my face.
"Tim come sit here.." Grey says
I get up and go sit down.. "I..saw her get brought back, they took her into surgery, she crashed 3 times, she came back, they told us the next 24hours were critical, I was talking to her she was still asleep but I was talking to her , holding her hand, and she just..crashed.. what if her body can't handle this? She's crashing after being out of surgery for an hour.. i..." I say staring at the floor. I can't let anyone see me like this.
"I know it's scary Tim, we're all scared, I can't imagine how hard it was for you to see her down there, to watch all this happen..she's a fighter our Chen, we need her awake so she can tell us about Chris. We can lock him up way before she gets out of here" Angela says trying to reassure him but can see how much he's breaking down.
"THEY SHOULD BE BACK OUT HERE BY NOW ANGE.. WHAT IF..." I say feeling my heart racing.
"Tim Tim come on..don't give up hope on her" ange says. "Yeah Angela is right, Chen doesn't give up without one hell of a fight." says Grey.
"Ange I need to speak to you alone.." I say looking at her as we walk away from the rest.
"I.. saw her self harm marks, well some of them. Bailey had to cut her jacket off, they was bad Ange..I should have tried harder.." I say
"Shit Tim I'm sorry, and you can't blame yourself. It wasn't your fault and she won't blame you. She's fond of you" Angela says
"I'm fond of her too.. I told her I liked her and that I'd tell her a hundred times too when she came around.." I say nervously
"I gathered as much, not much gets past me" Angela replies. Giggling to herself
"Family of Lucy Chen?" The doctor shouts.
"Here" i go running over. "How is she"
"She's stable, she's currently waking up so one of you may go see her, I can't guarantee how long she will be awake for as her body is severely struggling to keep her alive right now.." the doctor says.
You could feel the panic and worry in everyone's face it was deafening.
"Go on tim" everyone says.
I immediately run to her room. Room93.
I walk in, and immediately sit next to her holding her hand. Playing with her soft delicate fingers in my hand, and stroking her hair in the other. I see her eyes starting to flicker open.

Lucy's pov
I feel my eyes flicker open, it's bright, it's loud. I hear machines beeping, moving, people walking by. Everything hurts. I take in a deep breath. I feel every breath uses so much energy that I don't have, I feel someone playing with my hair and my fingers in their hand, I flinch back. "Ow mmm" I feel my breathing getting irregular, I have no idea where I am or who's with me. What if it's Chris or Caleb. "Noo" I say.
"Luce.. it's me.. it's Tim you're okay I've got you" I hear Tim's voice.
"Tt..Tim" I say in utter disbelief that's he's here.
"Yeah me it's god it's so lovely to hear your voice" he says smiling at her.
"Why..didd erm you.." I say before coughing, he quickly holds the glass of water while I take a sip. "Thank you.." I say to him. "Why did you save me.. you knew I'd made my mind up.." I say looking at him. I could tell he was taken back by what I had just asked him.
" because I care about you luce, I couldn't just let you die.." I hear his voice breaking which I've never seen this side to him before. He always an ass as my TO but I'd grown to love that side of him. "Wait where's Chris" i say in a complete and utter panic. "Where am I" i say.
"Sh luce calm down.. you're okay you're safe. Nothing is going to happen while I'm here with you. Chris isn't here but we do need to talk about him.. and you're at the hospital remember.." he says
"What about him.. and oh yeah i remember" I say. I don't know what he's going to say or ask.
"Luce has he hurt you? When all this has been happening and with you getting engaged so quickly.. don't be mad.. but we did a background check on him as we thought he'd taken you. His record isn't good, he had previous for dangerous driving etc but his ex had made an allegation of abuse, sexual assault, rape and coercion. It was dropped after a week but then a week later she was found dead. I won't go mad I just need to know, you've got internal injuries that weren't caused by the fall.." he says looking at her reaching for her hand.
I stare at him.. trying to take in what he was just said.."Tim I can't.." I stutter.
"You can Luce because I've got you, I'm going no where and with your injuries it's enough to prosecute without you going to court and he will be arrested before you get out of here. I promise you that you're safe" he says holding my hand.
"Okay..okay.. yeah he did hurt me and he did force me to do things but it could have been worse. It's not that big of a deal" I say as I get little flash back images of the things he'd said and done.
"Luce you know it's a big deal.. come on..you didn't deserve it. Let's go through it all what he did and then we will decide if it' a big enough deal because it is. The injures he's caused are bad enough and now you're telling me he forced you to do things.. Lucy I'm so sorry.." he says and I can see a tear rolling down his cheek.
"Tim please don't get upset.." I say wiping his cheek. "Look I'll go through it but if we're using to get Chris can you get Angela in so i only have to do this once. She can get the statement then I want all of this about him forgotten about. Okay?" I say taking a deep breath.
"Yeah of course Lucy, I'm proud of you. Let me go get her" he says getting up.
"Nooo tim" I say in a panic.
He immediately turns round running to me, "Luce what is it, what's wrong" he says worryingly.
"Don't leave me im scared.. please" I say with tears forming.
"Shhh luce it's okay I'm not going anywhere" he says stroking my forehead. He messages Angela to come in to take the statement.
"Lucy it's so lovely to see you" Angela says as she comes in. "I know this won't be easy but let's go through it. If you need to stop at any time or if you need anything you let us know" Angela says.
"It's nice to see you too ange and I just want to get it over with.." I reply back. I take a deep breath in i glance at Tim and he immediately grabs hold of my hand.
"So we met at the bar, he came a bit full on but I brushed it off. Mistake number 1. Anyway we spend the night talking flirting, it goes well. We make out and then I ended up leaving. I had a bad feeling but with it being my first time out I just assumed that it was my anxiety. We exchange numbers and I ask him to come over the next day for a coffee. He obviously agrees. The next day after Tim had been over, Chris came over.  Earlier than expected, as soon as I opened the door he came running in, shutting the door behind himself. He grabbed my hair and forcing me to kiss him. I told him I wanted to take things slowly and that I didn't know him well enough. We then go sit down and watch a show, he places his hand around me and makes me place my head on his chest. He then tells he understands about taking things slowly but I should still be relieving him.." I take a pause as I feel the panic and the realisation of what he had done to me and that I was about to sit here in this hospital room telling Tim and Angela. I feel Tim squeeze my hand to reassure me.
"Without a chance to even breathe he forces my head to be in front of his dick, he slaps me across the face. I take it and start playing with it, he then tells me that this ain't good enough, he forces his dick in my mouth. Grabbing hold of my hair forcing me up and down. I feel him release inside me, he lifts my head up grabbing hold of my face tightly.  He tells me that I've to swallow.. his grip gets tighter... I swallow. He then gets on top..he forces me to make out with him while he holds my neck and plays with my breasts" i take a pause. I close my eyes briefly and it's like being back there. "Luce you're okay, you're safe" I hear Tim say as he squeezes my hand. "I wanted you to save me Tim.. to walk in and get him off me which I know is selfish..but you make me feel safe" I say looking at him. "I wish I'd walked in there too Lucy I do." He replies as Angela gives him a look.
"He then slapped me a few times, told me I was a good girl. And left".
"You're doing amazing Lucy" says Angela. "I'm sorry you went through this" she says. "I'm proud of you" Tim says.
"If only it stopped there" I say disappointedly. 
They both look at me.
"The next day he was coming round, but he then messaged me to say he'd be there earlier, which is when I kicked you out,,, I'm so sorry Tim. I was just scared.. I didn't know what to do.." i say as I get panicked and my breathing changes.
"Shhh Luce you've nothing to apologise for you" he leans and kisses me on the forehead.
I take a deep breath. "He did the usual of coming grabbing me by the hair and forcing me to kiss him. We sit watching a show, he tells me that I'm being too quiet and we don't want..erm.." I pause. Saying the word makes me feel so uncomfortable. "Consequences." I say the word so fast. "I explained I'm not a loud person on a morning so he says we need to change that. He grabs hold of my thigh, tight, and with his other hand my breast. I was in shorts. I knew it was a bad idea. I tried to change before he got there. Another stupid mistake I made.." I say getting frustrated at myself.
"No Lucy, what you was wearing should not come in to the equation." Angela and Tim both say.
"Before I can even do anything he... places his hand in my shorts and starts fingering in me. He tells me I'm tighter than he thought, that he wants to hear me moan. He slaps me across the face till I moan, he then grabs hold my hair forcing me to suck him off again while he fingers me. He releases in me and again he says I should know what to do and swallow. I do.. because I didn't have it in me to fight anymore. I tell him I want to save myself for marriage that I don't want to do this. While he's fingering me he tells me he figured as much as got the engagement ring out of his jeans pocket and put it on my finger. I had no idea he had posted it.. I swear" I say looking down.
"We believe you lucy" Angela says.
"He then grabbed me and lifted me onto him. He grabbed hold of my hips making me grind on him, while he still fingered me. Every time I didn't moan he'd slap me or hit me.. he eventually left.." I break down into tears.
"Oh lucy" Angela says.
"Luce it's okay it's over.. you're safe." Tim says while holding her hand playing with her hair.
"Tt.Tim..I'm.." I can feel my eyes closing I try to force them open. I really try.
"Lucy what is it talk to me" he says getting increasingly worried. The beeps on her machine change. He fears the worst. "Come on lucy" he says. Angela has stood up at this point. She feels physically sick.
"I'm..tireddd" I say before my eyes finally close, the machines start beeping like crazy.
Angela immediately presses the panic button.
"URGENT ASSISTANCE NEEDED ROOM 93" "URGENT ASSISTANCE NEEDED ROOM 93"
Doctors and nurses come rushing in and telling Angela and Tim that they need to leave. They both head out. Tim just slides down the wall unable to move.