Chapter 16

Tim's pov
Id woken up early, and I was sat looking at the scan photo that the doctor had given me yesterday. I was in a complete world of my own. Trying to work out what was the best thing to do.
"Morning Tim" I hear Angela say.
"Morning" I say looking at her.
"Aww look at you looking at the scan" she says giggling.
"If only it was our baby, and it was going to be our happy ending." I say with a disappointed tone.
"Wait you've thought about having a family with a Lucy even though she doesn't actually know you like her. And she likes you but you don't know that. That's sweet. I never heard you thinking about this with Isabelle." Angela says.
"Yeah, when he gave me the scan it was like a kick in the guts, I always imagined the day. We'd come here all smiley and she'd lay there for the scan, impatiently waiting but the doctor would come in and scan her belly. I hold her hand and we'd both be squeezing each others hands in excitement. Listening to our baby's heartbeat for the first time, id feel on top of the world." I say without realising I'm sat here smiling like crazy about it.
"Aww Timothy is in love but on a serious note Tim that's actually so sweet and I wish things were different right now. But we need to discuss what we're going to do. The doctor will be round soon to wake her up" Angela says.
"I think maybe it's best if we..." I say before I get interrupted by the Doctors.
"Good morning, ive come to do a final check on Miss Chen before we attempt to bring her out of the induced coma. Now this attempt may fail and we may have to be put her back into the induced coma but I am hopeful she will be out of this today." He smiles smiling before continuing on with his checks.
I smile at Angela and she smiles back, we didn't decide what to do. I mean I think we are both on the same page but maybe it's best we just see how Lucy is when she comes round.
-the doctor takes Lucy out her induced coma and removes the tubes from her throat that was breathing for her, he then stands and waits around watching the monitors to see if she breathes on her own.-
It was so silent, you could hear a pin drop. Angela and I just stared waiting for her to give us any sign.

Lucy's pov
-I suddenly wake up coughing leaning forward, I notice Tim holds a glass of water and I take a sip before laying back down-
"Welcome back Miss Chen" smiles the doctor. "All your vitals are stable I will let you catch up and I will be back around later to check on you." He says as he leaves the room.
I smile and look around. I notice a bunch of flowers and around 7 or 8 cards on the table next to me, I see Angela sat across from me and of course Tim holding my hand. Id never been so relieved to see him but I couldn't believe he was still here.
"Tt..tim is that really you" i say looking at him.
"I'm right here Luce, im right here" he says immediately giving me a huge hug and a kiss on the forehead. I can see the relief in his eyes. "Hey ange" I say smiling at her. She also comes and gives me a hug. "It's nice to see you again" Angela says. "Oh and Lucy when he says he's right there he means he hasn't left your side once" she winks at him.
"Aww has mister grumpy TO Bradford turned into a softie" I giggle to myself
"You behave miss Luce, don't make me call you boot" he smiles. "How are you feeling? Do you need anything?" Tim asks.
Him being here, and Angela and seeing the cards just I don't know made me feel like I mattered for once. I can't explain it.
"I'm good honestly, you being here is enough" i smile at him, god I missed him. "What happened to Chris" I ask. I don't really want to know because I want to forget all about him but I also know that if I don't ask it's gonna play on my mind. I'm scared for them to tell me he's out and that he could get me any second.
"He's in custody awaiting trial, he can't get you. You're safe" says Angela with a big smile.
"She's safe anyway because I'm here" Tim says smiling and flexing his muscles.
I laugh, i genuinely laugh for the first time in I don't know how long. Maybe the last time was when me and Tim giggled about knowing him too well with his coffee.