Chapter 72

Lucy's pov
"Miss have you been drinking?"
Fuck. He hasn't recognised my name but if he flags it and radios for a DUI, one it'll be on my name and I could get repercussions from my job for it but also they'll have found me.
He's a rookie. He's going to be keen on getting things reported so he doesn't wash out. Or maybe I can do my Lucy lesson on him to see if he would wash out if I was there.
"Did I drive over the speed limit? Was i driving dangerously officer" i say looking at him.
"No miss you didn't, you was driving 33mph in a 30 so you wasn't enough over" he says nervously.
"Can you smell alcohol?"
"No miss"
"Then I suggest that you maybe shouldn't ask that."
"Miss I understand however, I heard a bottle and if I suspect you have been you must take a breathalyser. Now I'll grab one from the car as I haven't placed one in my belt. Hold on. Here's your paper work" he says panicking slightly as he hands me it and heads back to the shop.
He's going to wash out. He's nervous to the point he shows it, which to any criminal they'll use to their advantage. Duty belt improperly filled. Although he was right if he suspected then he has to follow that suspicion through. But I don't know how much I've drank. I think I'd be under. I put the paper work back into the car door. Wincing again.
He walks back over with the breathalyser.
He holds the breathalyser towards my face.
"Blow into it till I tell you to stop" he says.
So I take a deep breath in and blow.
"Stop". He says as the machine beeps.
The anticipation for the next beep is killing me. I hear his radio going off.
"Officer Smitty and Officer Wayne when you have finished with the traffic stop can you head to Shaw Cross hospital, check inside the hospital and surrounding areas for possible sightings of missing Officer Chen, had information she was heading there next" Grey radios. "Also officer Wayne I need an update on this traffic stop"
"Sir will do, and pulled over. Seen paper work, potential a DUI"
"Driving speed? Driving dangerously? Slurring words?"
"33mph in a 30. Driving safely. No slurring words. Just heard a bottle. Currently waiting on the breathalyser."
"I understand it's your first night shift and you want to get these arrests but unless this reading is considerably higher than the legal limit you let them go and head to the hospital immediately. Finding Officer Chen is a priority"
"Understood sir"
"Sorry about that miss, now let's see what this result is"
"No worries"
"Okay so you're just at the limit, so I'll let you off but please don't drink miss?" He looks at me as if to say what's your name as he's realised he never actually asked for it.
"You can call me Lucy, have a good shift. Stay safe" i say without even thinking. He then heads off into his police car. I watch him pull off before I can fully relax. I lean back into the seat and close my eyes and sigh.
I pull out and start driving, luckily I can see a hotel just ahead, I pull into the car park.
The pain in stomach is getting increasingly more painful, i grab my back rummaging through it to try and find my pain relief.
I find them at the bottom of the bag, I take a couple with some whisky and I just sit there listening to the radio. They keep talking about Tim asking how he is. I'm relieved because they're saying he's okay, that he's coping.
He's coping.
I put the whisky and the radio in the bag, putting my bag on my shoulder, I get out of the car and head into the hotel.
It's quiet. I mean it's late what do I expect.
There's a young woman stood at the reception, she seems lost in her own little world, I don't blame her it's quiet and she's probably bored.
"Hi, I'm so sorry to disturb you but do you have a room available for one night, for tonight?" I ask smiling at her as I stand against the desk.
"Hi welcome! We do. It's £78 for one night, is that okay?" She says with this cheerful tone.
"That's fine, I'll use my credit card." I say as I grab my credit card out of my bag and pay.
"Thank you! Can i grab your name please?" She says she looks at her computer.
I can't give her my real name, i mean no one's going to figure out I've been here but I just want sleep and not have to think about it.
"Yeah it's Shanice White" i say smiling.
"Perfect. It's room 93, here's your keys" she says handing me the keys.
"Thank you".
I walk down this long corridor, I turn to the left.
Room 91 and finally room 93. I use the key and I walk in.
It's a small room with a singular bed placed right in the middle, a small bedside table at the left side. A small window on the right hand wall so you can sit on the bed and look out towards the main road. The walls are a dark grey colour.
I place the bag on the bed and I sit down.
I grab a clean t shirt from my bag. I take the now bloodied t shirt off and put it on the bedside table. I gently put the clean, blue t shirt on. I get an instant whiff off Tim off it.
I sit towards the headboard of the bed, my head laid back against the headboard.
The tears just stream down my face..
I hate this. I want Tim. I want to hear his voice. He seems fine with out me. Maybe he has given up on the whole idea of us.
Maybe my parents were right that we wouldn't last but it wasn't for the reasons they'd said.
I feel so alone, scared,in pain. I don't know where to turn. The rooms giving me an off vibe but I don't know why.
I grab the bottle of whisky out of the back, i unscrew the lid and I just drink it.
There's not much chatter on the radios so I know I'm safe for a bit. I put the half empty bottle on the bedside table and I just lay down.
I stare at the ceiling, my minds quiet but also running at a hundred miles an hour.
My heart starts racing, it's not a panic attack yet but I know that Tim knows how to calm me down. I need to distract myself.
I get up and I grab my bag, I walk out of the room, down the corridor, out of the reception area and I get back into the car.
I don't know where I'm going but if I'm driving somewhere I can focus on the road, I can come back.
I start the car and I pull out, back onto the main road. I put the radio back on, and I just drive.
They're talking on the radio about random checks on a few drivers, Wayne must be trying hard, there's a few disturbances. Pretty quiet.

I turn down this street, then all I hear is this crashing sound, glass breaking, then this high pitched screeching sound that's continuous in my ear. I feel my head throwing forward then back. Everything's so bright, so loud, everything hurts. Then nothing..