Chapter 89

Lucy's pov
"Lucy, oh my dear I'm so happy to see you" Elsie exclaims as she pulls me in again for another loving hug and kiss on the cheek.
"I'm so happy to see you too, come in" i say as i gesture her to come in. "Have a seat I'll make you a coffee"
"Thank you dear" she says she heads to the living room and sits down.
I make her a coffee and then I walk in handing it to her.
"Thank you" she smiles.
"Are you okay?" I ask her slightly worried if something's wrong for her to be coming over unexpectedly.
"Petal, I'm good. I just heard you was home, I wanted to give you a couple of days before I came over. But my gosh was I worried about you"
"I'm sorry.. I didn't mean for you to worry about me. I was just trying to do the right thing, to protect the ones that I care about"
"Don't you apologise to me missy, I know you had good intentions to why you left. I know how much of a kind soul you are, but that Tim sure does love you you know"
"I appreciate you saying that. Was he okay when I was gone? And I love him too, more than I have anyone. As long as I'm with him I feel safe but I couldn't live with myself if he was hurt"
"He was in a constant state of worry, he thought of every possible situation. He showed me his phone thingy and it had a lovely photo of you and him on it. A beautiful smile you both have."
"I didn't want him to be worried, I wanted to protect him but I also wanted him to have better. I know he can have better than me. And thank you, that would have been the day he asked me to be his girlfriend"
"He was worried because he loves you, and he doesn't want anyone else. He wants you. I can see that, especially with how he asked you to be his girlfriend. Most men would have been asking you to marry them in the way he asked you out. You have nothing to worry about my dear"
"I appreciate you"
"And I'm glad you're okay now where is Tim? He is a good looking fella" she giggles.
"He's at work, his first day back today. And he is isn't he" i smile.
"Tell him I say hi won't you?"
"I will but I can ring him now if you want he will be going on his lunch break anytime now"
"I don't wanna be a bother"
"You wouldn't be, he'd love to say hi plus I think it would help me be less worried about me being home if he knew I was with you"
I take my phone off the side and FaceTime Tim.

Tim's pov
I've just sat down with Angela at lunch, I just handed her the burrito because I did forget about it and had to go back for it.
I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket, I quickly pull it out and see that Lucy is FaceTiming me.
I don't think I've ever answered the phone as quick as I did right now.
I think Angela noticed the panic in my face as she pulled me a confused look.
"Babe are you okay" i say as i look at my phone, I notice that she's sat in the living room, her hair in a low loose pony, a dark blue tank top on but the best thing was the smile that I saw on her face.
That panic I had about if she was okay left instantly after seeing her smile.
"I am someone wants to say hi" she says with this cute innocent smile.
Part of me is confused as to who she's with, and why they're making her so happy.
But it all made sense when she pointed her phone to her side to reveal Elsie.
"Oh hi dear" Elsie says smiling.
"Elsie, hi how are you?"
"I'm good dear, how are you? I hope you're keeping safe"
"I'm good thank you, and I am. I hope you're keeping my girlfriend happy and safe"
"I'm keeping her happy but she's a tough cookie petal, she knows how to keep herself safe"
"That she does, thank you for checking in on her and giving her some company"
"You're more than welcome darling, it gives me some company too"
"Ooo is that Elsie" Angela squeals as she waves at my phone at Elsie.
"Angela dear"
"Elsie it's good to see you"
"Likewise, keep safe"
"I will do"
"I'm so sorry I have got to go, Metro need me. I'll speak to you soon and Lucy I love you baby" I say
"Don't worry, be safe" Elsie replied
"I love you too, be safe I'll see you tonight" Lucy says she blows me a kiss through the phone.
"Aww she looks happy Tim" Angela says as i get up to go.
"She does" I smile as I hear off to Metro.

Lucy's pov
"I'm gonna head home too love but there's some banana bread here for you that I've made" she says handling me this clear plastic tub.
"You didn't have to but thank you"
"You're welcome sweetie, look after yourself petal" she says she gives me a hug and kiss on the cheek as she leaves.
I just sit there and all I can think about is the apple i have just eaten, and now this banana bread in front of me.
But if I don't try to eat it, I'll feel bad as she's gone through all that trouble.
I put the tub on the side, I start pacing back and forth panicking about the apple.
I walk into the bathroom, I lift the toilet lid up and I kneel down.
Come on Lucy..