Chapter 40

Tim's pov
I wake up early ready for my first day back. I'm nervous to leave Lucy while I go to work and I know she's nervous for me to be at work. I sneak out of bed and head into the kitchen making a quick breakfast, i then feed Kojo. Head into the shower and walk back into the bathroom. I get changed for work and Lucy wakes up.
"Morning baby" i say as i head to her to side of the bed and kiss her on the forehead.
She immediately sits up and wraps her arms around, i wrap mine around her too. "Morning handsome." She says in her tired voice, rubbing her eyes.
"I really enjoyed last night" i say smiling at her.
"So did i baby, you look so good in your uniform. Please be safe" she says smiling at me.
"I will baby, and if you need me you call me. Also are your legs sore" I say smirking.
"Yes Mr Bradford they are now head off before you're late. I love you" she says rolling her eyes as she kissed me.
"I thought they would, and I love you too. I'll see you tonight" i kiss her back and then I head off out of the door and head to work.
As i get out of the van and head into the station, it's like a bizarre feeling. I feel like I've never been away but also like it's been a hundred years. All the officers great me saying it's nice to see me back. I walk in to roll call.
"Sergeant bradford glad to have you back" Grey says as everyone claps. I go and sit down.
"Bradford you're training our new rookie Claire. She's only here for two more weeks while she moves across country. Normally Nolan trains her but with him being off with a sickness bug I thought I'd throw you in the deep end. Harper and Lopez I need you going through that court case with great detail. Celina you're with Thorsen today. Now get out there and be safe!" Grey says and everyone gets on with what they was told to do.
"It's nice seeing you back Tim" Nyla and Angela say.
"It's good to be back and Lucy will be back tomorrow too" i say smiling and then I notice Claire coming over. "Is the shop set up Walker?" I say in a firm tone.
"No sir I'll get on it" Claire replies in a timid tone and walks off.
"Oo not calling her boot? That's a first" Angela says.
"Aww is it because you called Lucy boot? That's so sweet" Nyla says giggling.
"Behave" I say rolling my eyes.
"Seriously it's good to see you happy although there is a glow about you don't you think Nyla" Angela says smiling
"There is hmm" Nyla says smirking.
"I'm just happy to be back" i say as I walk away.
"Sure bradford" they say giggling.
"Bradford. Glad to have you back, lucy back tomorrow" Grey asks.
"Yes sir, she's been hounding me about it" i say chuckling.

It's been a few hours and I've been training this new Rookie. It wasn't like it was with Lucy and part of me was thinking maybe I should go to Metro as this doesn't feel like me anymore. It's lunch and we pull up. I head to sit down with Angela, and Nyla.
"How's it going?" Angela says.
"It's fine she's got a lot to learn" i say.
I grab my phone and order something to the house to Lucy.
"Aww you missing her already, you are soft for her aren't you" Nyla smirks.
"Yes I am missing her and no I'm not soft. Do i look soft to you? Wait you know what don't answer that."

Lucy's pov
It's odd being here without Tim. I'm sat on the sofa watching some random show with Kojo cuddling into me. I suddenly hear the door and I open it. "Hi?" I say confused as I see a delivery guy with this huge bunch of flowers, in a ray of colours, all my favourite flowers. "Lucy Chen?" He asks.
"Yeah" I say and he hands me them and then heads off. I come inside and look at them. There was a little card inside that said
-lucy, thank you for last night I love you, Tim-
I feel my cheeks burning, the biggest smile on my face. I place them down on the side and grab my phone out.
Lucy: Tim, you are the sweetest. You really didn't have to do that but appreciate it and I love you so much. They're beautiful.
Tim: I wanted to and they're not as beautiful as you. I'll be home soon I miss you.
Lucy: I miss you too. Be safe.
I place the flowers into a vase on the dining room table. I start to make Tims favourite meal, chopping all the meat, the veg and cooking it together.

Tim's pov
I can't help but smile at my phone reading then messages. Luckily we're parked at the side of the road waiting for a call to come in.
"That your partner you're messaging. She must make you happy" Claire says
"Walker no personal conversations in the shop. How did you know about her?" I ask slightly puzzled.
"Harper, she said that this girlfriend of yours made you soft but I think I disagree Sir" Claire replies.
"Too right, soft gets you killed out there. But yes she makes me happy now walker let's head back to the station and head home" i reply back in a stern voice.
"Yes sir" she replies and i start driving.

Lucy's pov
I'm just about to serve the food ready and i hear the door open, Tim immediately comes and stands behind me wrapping his arms around me. I turn my head and kiss him. "Hey baby" I say smiling.
"Hey gorgeous I missed you" he says as he kisses me back.
"I missed you too, these flowers are beautiful" i say smiling at him as I move one of my hands onto his and plating the food up.
"Not as beautiful as you though" he says as he kisses my neck.
"As beautiful as this?" I question him as bring a fork round to his mouth of the food I made.
He takes a bite. "That is beautiful babe" he says smiling. I hand him his plate and we go to the table.
"How was work?" I ask him.
"It was fine, I had to train a new rookie as Johns off sick. But she's only temporary. But it got me thinking" he says as he takes a bite.
"Ah how is she? And go on" I ask just looking at my food, twirling it around on the fork trying to make it look like I've eaten.
"She's got a long way to go, I think you set the bar really high, and I don't feel the same being a TO anymore. When I was running with Metro the other month it reignited the fire I had for the job. I was thinking of taking the opening. So I asked Grey and he's put my name for it" he says as he smiles.
"Oh that's good then. Long hours and everything." I say smiling.
"Yeah but we can make it work" he says. "Also Lucy I know you aren't eating that now either you're poisoning me or something's bothering you"
He chuckles.
"No I haven't poisoned it and nothings bothering me. I don't have an appetite. I guess I'm just nervous for tomorrow" i reply.
"Lu if you aren't ready to go back, don't. But you do need to eat something. Just a couple of mouthfuls." He says he reaches for my hand.
"No I'm more than ready to go back baby, just change isn't it and okay" i say as I take a bite.
We finish eating, he washes up while I tidy around and get ready for bed.
As I'm laid in bed all I can think about is the conversation I just had with Tim. He's fast asleep next to me as if everything is completely fine. He didn't even discuss metro with me, he just went straight for it. I mean he doesn't need my permission but it would have been nice to have been told before he told Grey he wanted it. It's a big change, it's more dangerous for him and more hours. We'd talked about a baby in the near future. How would that even work? He didn't like when I went for that undercover case even though I discussed it with him and let him know before I told grey. And I wasn't even with him. He was my TO at that point.
I feel myself stressing about it so i just roll over and play with my chain while I fall asleep.