Chapter 2

Lucy's pov
I open my eyes, I look down and realise I'm in the bath still. I sit there for a second before realising the water is a pinkish colour from the cut on my wrist. 'Shit'.  I get out, lean over and take the plug out. I wrap myself in a towel. Slowly patting over the fresh cut. I wince in pain.
I open the door and walk into the bedroom, i throw on some clothes before walking over to my balcony. I sit down, staring endlessly into the sky. I hear a car pulling up, i look down. ' shit it's Angela's car, I can't do this today. It was bad enough lying to Tim' i quick run inside turning the lights off sitting behind the door. Anxiously waiting for that dreaded knock. 'If I ignore it I'm sure she will go, she's got jack to get home to'.

Angela's pov
I swear I saw Chen running inside. I go up to her door. - knocking-
"Lucy it's me Angela, you're safe. I'm just calling past to see if you needed anything"
Silence
-knocking-
"Lucy.." I get increasingly concerned.
"Come on Lucy, I just wanna make sure you're okay, I won't stay i promise. I just need to see you". 
Silence.

Lucy's pov
I sit behind the door, hearing everything she's saying, my heart beats quicker. ' she's not gonna let this go is she fuck'   My phone starts ringing 'shit!' I quickly grab it and look down to see it's Angela ringing me. I put my phone on silent and message her
'Hey Ang im sorry I can't talk right now, just at the gym you all good?'
Surely that will work. I sit there in silence waiting.

Angela's pov
I listen carefully as I ring Lucy's phone. I hear it ring, then it goes silent. My phone vibrates and I see the message from Lucy. I debate knocking and telling her I know she's there or to play along with it.
'Hey Lucy, alls good, was just calling past on my way home and wanted to see how you was. Have a good gym session'.
I go and get in my car before dialling Tim's number.
"Hey Tim, look don't get in a panic just yet. But I've been over to Lucy's and as I got there I saw her run in from her balcony so she must have seen me. I get to her door and knock letting her know it's me and to let me in. I tell her that she's safe etc but I get no reply. I try multiple times, I eventually call her I hear her phone inside suddenly go silent. She messages me to say she can't answer the phone and that she's at the gym. Which is a lie, I mean she knows I'm a detective id figure it out. Maybe she just needs some space or maybe you are right. I'm honestly not sure Tim as I didn't see her. But just carry on as normal by checking in on your way to work and just keep me updated. I need to go home for jack."

Tim's pov
My phone rings and i jump in a panic, I see that it's Angela.
"Hey ang" I say in a worrying tone.
"Hey Tim, look don't get in a panic just yet. But I've been over to Lucy's and as I got there I saw her run in from her balcony so she must have seen me. I get to her door and knock letting her know it's me and to let me in. I tell her that she's safe etc but I get no reply. I try multiple times, I eventually call her I hear her phone inside suddenly go silent. She messages me to say she can't answer the phone and that she's at the gym. Which is a lie, I mean she knows I'm a detective id figure it out. Maybe she just needs some space or maybe you are right. I'm honestly not sure Tim as I didn't see her. But just carry on as normal by checking in on your way to work and just keep me updated. I need to go home for jack." She says.
"That's not like her to lie to us, to hide. How can I not worry or be panicking right now ang for fuck sake. I need to go over.. I need to see her." I say as I grab my keys for the shop.
"Timothy I've never seen you like this about anyone, not even Isabelle, do you have feelings for her? And don't go running over there in that panic, she could simply be wanting some space, you don't wanna push her okay?"
"WHAT LIKE I PUSHED HER INTO CALEBS HANDS?! I PUT HER IN THAT SITUATION MAYBE IM JUST AS BAD AS CALEB!" I shout, my little vein in my neck and forehead starts to show as a I get frustrated.
I slam the shops door as I get in. I breathe in deeply, my cheeks start to feel warm, my eyes glaze over.
" I broke her ang.. she's just a shell of who she was. I can't help but feel guilty. I should have known I'm a cop. I was standing this close to him. I didn't see it. She wanted to go home I told her the best way to cope after such a hard shift was to go blow off some steam. She was reluctant, but she went. I think some part of her knew deep down..ang I know there's something going on with her.."