Chapter 70

Lucy's pov
I got the car, it's a dark blue 08 plate focus. I didn't care what car it was. I've been driving, heading away from the city centre. It's late. I decide to pull up into this car park. It's kind of in the middle of no where but there's still some traffic.
I'm still bleeding so I grab the antiseptic wipes and the bandages from the carrier bag. I roll my top io and see how much it's actually been bleeding. Fuck.
I quickly wipe it with the wipes before applying the bandage on. I wince in pain as I do it.
I'm tired, but I know can't rest. I need to find somewhere to stay just till this settles down and they leave me to it. I mean he will have read the letter and I think after everything recently he's in a better place. Maybe he will just let this go.
I wouldn't blame him. I would have let me go.
I grab the bottle of whisky and have probably just over a quarter of the bottle.
The pains too much, I'm too anxious. I just need to chill.
I miss Tim. I miss the feeling having my life somewhat together. I hate that I feel like this. The whole point of me leaving my parents at 17 was so that I could be in control of my life, my body. Not be being beaten up etc all the time. I finally felt happy and somehow they swarm back in at the worst times. I could be going home tomorrow, planning my future with Tim.
I'm just so scared of being a burden, being seen as weak. I worked so hard to get to where I am, and it feels so wasted.
Maybe I should go back to my parents.. maybe I'm just fighting with the inevitable.
I have another mouthful of the whisky and then I start the engine and pull out of the car park and drive onto the main road.
I don't know where I'm heading, I'm just driving straight hoping to find a cheap hotel to stay at for tonight at least.
Then I see blue lights behind me. Shit. Okay maybe it's not for me. I turn the radio on and I turn up the street.
"Can I get a registration check on a dark blue focus LP08 XWD. Driving down Sycamore Avenue. Speed of 33mph" I hear this voice. I don't recognise it.
"It's from rent a car, rented today around a couple of hours ago. Officer Wayne" they radio back.
Okay it's the rookie. He's with Smitty. I've done anything so unless Smitty makes him pull me over as part of his training then. I may be screwed.
"Okay pulling over vehicle now" he radios as he indicates for me to pull over.
Fuck.
Smitty won't get out and they'll have given this rookie a slight description.
I pull over, i turn my engine off, and turn the radio off as i can't risk him hearing it. I roll down my window. I wait for him to come over.
Luckily the whisky had rolled under my seat. I see him get out and walk over luckily I don't see Smitty get out which is a relief.
"Hi miss, this is nothing to worry about. It's a completely routine check. Now when I did a registration check it came up this you rented this vehicle a couple of hours ago correct?"
"Yeah that's correct"
"Perfect, now do you have the paper work from the dealership when you rented the vehicle?"
"Yeah one second" I lean into the  car door to get the paper work out, i wince a little from the pain but I hand him the paperwork. Please don't recognise the name.
"Miss are you okay?"
"Yeah no I'm fine. Recently had surgery so still a little sore. But I'm good thank you"
Luckily or kind of unluckily i accidentally knock the bottle of whisky that's on the floor.
"Miss have you been drinking?" He asks.
Fuck.

Angela's pov
Tim's has nodded off to sleep on the sofa he's absolutely exhausted. I was about to wake him up to tell him to go to bed but then I hear the door. I quickly and quietly go to the front door. Part of me hopes it's Lucy but then I think Tim would kill me because I didn't wake him up when I heard the door.
I open the door, I didn't recognise her but it was this elderly woman, maybe 80s, she had some dark blue pjs on and black coat, still wearing her slippers.