Chapter 55

Lucy's pov
The door shuts, and I breathe. I get up out of bed and walk into the kitchen and feed Kojo. He eats but quicker than normal then he just follows me wherever I went. I take a glass out of the cupboard, fill it with water and then take my antibiotics, the pill, and these weight loss tablets that I had hidden from Tim. Kojo barks at me.
"Shh baby it's fine" i say to him as I rub behind his ear.
I walk into the spare room and I see the laptop, I turn it back on and when I do Kojo immediately jumps up on the bed.
"Kojo down boy" he ignores me.
I try multiple times to get him down and he doesn't. I walk out of the room, grabbing a treat from the cupboard I put it on the floor. Before quickly running back into the spare room shutting the door. Kojo immediately runs to the door barking and scratching.
I try and ignore him thinking he will get bored eventually, I load the website up. I know it's me and everything but there's no actual proof that it's my parents, you never actually hear anyone say their names or see their faces. I try looking further into the website, when it was set up, who buy. Luckily my pappy wasn't always the smartest, when looking into it he set the website up in his name. The date, the date is what shocked me.
29/01/1997. No it wasn't my birthday but something about that date didn't sit right.
I brought up my mums Facebook page and I scrolled down to the 29/01/1997 thankfully she didn't post much. It was the day of the babyshower. My mums baby shower with me. God I feel sick.
I grab the bin and throw up, I cant risk going out of here with Kojo chasing me I wouldn't have made it. I sit back, I feel myself shaking.
My phone rings.
"Hey"
"Hey baby, I'm on my lunch just thought I'd check in on you?" Tim says
"Yeah no I'm good. Im just going to have a nap. I'll speak later. Love you" I say as I put the phone down. I can't stay on the phone he would figure out something was wrong. Or he would hear Kojo.
"Kojo behave boy" i shout. He doesn't stop.
Tim will be home soon then hopefully he will stop.
An hour goes by and I'm still trying to figure out if there's any more information on all of this. I've not watched the videos, I don't have it in me to do that right now.
My phone rings. It's a three way call.
"Hey Lucy it's Angela" "hey baby"
"Hey what's up?" I say slightly worried. I try keep muting the call so that they can't hear Kojo.
"Lucy we've had a call about a disturbance about our home, about dog constantly barking" Tim says.
"Is everything okay? Is Kojo okay" Angela asks.
Fuck.
"Kojo is fine, he's just been really clingy. I closed the door and he's just been sat there barking the whole time." I say hoping they'll just leave it at that because that's a valid excuse right?
"Did you try distracting him with a treat?" Tim asks.
"Yeah I did, I know how to look after him. He wasn't interested okay" i snap at him because at this point I just want him to drop it and Kojos barking is driving me insane.
"Hey Lucy I'm not having a go baby I know you how to look after him. Are you feeling okay? Last time he was like this we had to take you to hospital?" He says getting worried.
"We're here for you if you need to talk to Lucy" Angela says reassuringly.
"Yeah no I'm fine, just this stupid stomach bug. Look I'll let him in and hope he quietens down. Enjoy the rest of your shift and be safe. I'll see you when you get home. And Angela make sure he keeps his cool" i say as i put the phone down. I get up and open the door, letting Kojo in. He immediately runs jumping up at me. I walk to the bed and sit down, he jumps up onto the bed and lays with his head resting in my lap. "You're going to get me in so much trouble with your dad if you keep being like this. Mummy is fine, I promise sweet boy. I love you" I say kissing him on the head.

Tim's pov
"You see what I mean?" I say looking at Angela worriedly. "You knew how Kojo was with when we brought her home and then how he reacted when she was bleeding. Now this. Last night he was carrying on when she was throwing up, now he's being like this because she's shut the door. He may be a dog but he's onto something"
"Tim I see what you mean, I do but she clearly isn't ready to talk. Just keep being there for her, it will be okay" Angela says giving me a hug to reassure me.