Chapter 41

Lucy's pov
I hear my alarm going off but I keep snoozing it. I keep fidgeting and then I hear "Lucy baby you're gonna be late".
Fuck I'm gonna be late.
I immediately jump up, "shh I'm awake" i say as I rub my eyes.
Tim just chuckles at me as he kisses me on the forehead.
"Very funny now instead of laughing at me you could help me you know" I say sarcastically.
"Shh don't stress. Your coffee, birth control is on the bedside table, and your clothes are there folded ready. Gosh you need to calm down." He says with this huge smile on his face.
"Well thank you!" I say as I take my birth control and have my coffee.
"You ready to be back baby" he says he passes me my uniform.
"I am" i say smiling as I get ready. I brush my hair, put my makeup on and put my shoes on.
"Let's go" Tim says as he takes my hand, we head off to work.

I walk in, and i see everyone. It feels surreal to be back, compared to when i came in a few months ago I didn't even expect to be alive right now let alone living with my boyfriend Tim Bradford and walking in together. Yeah it's been a rough time and things are a little bumpy between us after last night but I can't let that take away how ready I am to be back. I walk in to roll call and immediately everyone starts clapping. "Nice to have you back Chen" everyone says. I look down smiling and I go to my seat.
"Welcome back Officer Chen, it's nice to see you back" Grey says smiling.
"It's good to be back sir" i say smiling.
"Now Celina you're with Thorsen today, Smitty you're on your own, Tim you are riding solo too. Lopez, Harper, Chen, and Walker wait behind. Everyone else off you go. Be safe" Grey says and everyone leaves. I see Tim hovering outside but I try to focus on what Grey is saying.
"Lopez and Harper you need to get some more information on the court case that is happening in two weeks." Grey says as he looks at me briefly.
I knew instantly that it was to do with Chris. Id tried to not think about it to be honest. I didn't realise how soon it was.
"Understood sir" they say.
"Chen you're acting as TO today so I need you to train Claire Walker. She's a new rookie, she's with us for two more weeks. Tim trained her yesterday."
"Yes sir" i reply.
"Also Chen, before you went onto personal leave you completed your detectives exam in order to become a UC correct?" Grey says.
"That's correct" i say.
"Well we shall find out the results in two weeks but I've got a good feeling about this, and you being out there today will help you. Angela and Nyla have backed you on this too" Grey says.
"Thank you" i say smiling.
"Claire can we go set the shop up i need to talk to Chen, Lopez and Nyla" Grey says in a serious tone.
"Yes sir" Claire replies as she heads to the shop.
"Now Lucy I understand this is your first day back but I need to ask you something." Grey says looking at me.
"Sure sir" I reply. I get an nervous feeling about this.
"'Now you can say no and we can go around this another way but before you went on leave, you infiltrated into a gang about the drug deal. You managed to bring down the leader and two gang members. Now the brother of the leader is now running it again. We believe that a drug bust is going to go down in two days. Now with your previous with them would you be willing to go back in under cover? This will be a two day undercover trip, full surveillance of you. They believe you was arrested last time so it will be easy to infiltrate you back into it. I completely understand if you aren't ready so you can say." Grey says.
"Me and Nyla will be the ones running the operation with Grey over seeing it" Angela responds.
"I'm up for it, I would just like to talk to Tim first before I come to a decision. Can I let you know by lunch?" I ask.
"Of course." Grey responds. And I leave the room, I immediately see Tim walking with his war bags to the car.
"Hey baby" he says.
"Hey, can we talk? Grey is okay with it" i reply.
"Of course" he says as he puts the war bags into the shop and we head into his office.
"What's going on? Are you feeling okay?" He asks worried as I sit down next to him.
"Yeah no I'm good babe, I just wanted to talk to you about what Grey has just discussed with me. I don't want you to get mad. But.." I say unsure of how he will take this.
"But what Lucy?" He asks getting increasingly worried.
"So the gang that I brought the leader and two members down for when I was a rookie, the brother is now in charge and they're potentially doing a drug deal in two days. And with my past experience and relationship with them, I've been asked to go back in. It starts tomorrow for two days that is it" I say getting nervous for his response. I mean he can't be mad. I'm speaking to him about it before I agree again unlike him.
"Lucy.. grey shouldn't be asking you that on your first day back. You can't go undercover not this soon." He says.
"Tim.. he gave me the choice. I'm up for doing it. It's two days. Full surveillance. Angela and Nyla are running it and Grey is over seeing it." I say to him trying to hold his hand but he refuses.
"So Nyla and Angela were aware but didn't think to tell me. You've clearly made your mind up so why are we discussing this Lucy?" He asks getting frustrated.
"Tim no I haven't given him an answer. We're discussing it because I did it when I was a rookie and you was my TO because I valued your support. And now even more so because we're suppose to be in a relationship. I discuss these things with you and not just go doing them." I snap at him and I get up.
"Lucy. We are in a relationship." He says.
"If that's all you can say back to that then I'm off to the rookie who needs some training. Enjoy metro when you join it" I leave slamming the door behind me.
I feel my heart break a little but I'm just so annoyed at him I can't even allow myself to feel sad. I go into the shop and start driving and training my rookie.
It's a quiet morning just a few small calls. We then head back to the food van. I get out and head towards the food van. I grab at a bottle of water and look around. I see Angela sat with Tim and Nyla.
Thorsen with Celina and Claire.
"Lucy!" Angela shouts. I walk over because I'm not going to let Tim disrupt my first day back.
"Hey girl" i say as I sit down.
"Hey lucy" Nyla says. "How's your first day back"
"Going good yeah" I say smiling.
Tim doesn't say a word, I can see him glancing at me.
"How's the case going?" I ask Angela.
"Yeah we've got him locked away for a long time. Two weeks and then it's finally gone" she says smiling but I can see her glancing at Tim as he hasn't said a single word since I came over but I have no idea if he's told them so I don't say anything.
"Tim.. let's go talk." I say as I take hold of his hand take him over to the spare table, that's opposite we was sat.

Angela's pov
"There's something going on between them, he's been grumpy since after roll call. And doesn't say a word when Lucy comes over. Now she's talking to him over there" Angela says to Nyla
"Yeah it's odd, I've never seen them like this" Nyla says.
"Maybe we should watch and see how this conversation goes and then I'll talk to one of them later and see if they're okay." Angela says.
"Yeah good idea because Tim looks like he's going to loose his shit and Lucy looks like she's half mad but also upset. They better not be breaking up after all this" Nyla said.
"I think they're end game but whatever this is, it ain't good" Angela says.

Lucy's pov
"Tim look you knew I wanted to do undercover work and if you thought you couldn't handle it or separate me from Isabelle then why did you ask me out?" I ask him.
"Lucy it's your first day back and you clearly make your mind up without discussing it with me. That's what makes you like Isabelle!" He says angrily.
"I hadn't made my mind up, I came to talk it through with you before I came to a decision. I told Grey I'd let him know at lunch after I spoke to you! You want to say it's because I apparently made my mind up and didn't 'discuss it' with you and penalise me for it yet last night you came home and told me you'd told Grey to transfer you to Metro!" I snap back letting of his hand.

Angela's pov
"Fuck whatever this is isn't good" Angela says to Nyla.
"Did he just say she's like Isabelle!" Nyla says confused.
"I bet this is to do with undercover..he didn't like it as a her TO and as her boyfriend he's gonna hate it even more but my detective skills and inklings making me think it's more than that" Angela replies.

Lucy's pov
"So what you're going undercover to get back at me?" He says angrily.
"No Tim, I want to go undercover. I wanted to discuss it with you and get your support. But clearly I'm not getting that. I just meant because you're moaning at me for apparently not discussing it even though I tried to. Yet you put in the transfer for metro yesterday on your first day without discussing it. Look I'm just going to do it. Maybe time a way will do us some good" i get up and leave.
"B.. Claire. Shop now" i shout to Claire and as we get in the shop.
A few hours ago by, I tell Claire no personal talk. I tell Claire that we're going back to the station early as I need to speak to Grey. We arrive at the station,and i immediately go to Greys office. I see Tim in his office on the way round doing his paper work. I debate knocking on the door to speak but I decide not.
I knock on greys door.
"Come in" Grey shouts.
I walk in and sit down.
"Officer Chen" he says.
"Sir, is there any you can get Angela and Nyla in here as this is will be easier" i ask.
"Of course" he says and he immediately calls them in.  Angela and Harper come into the office.
"I've decided that I'm happy to go undercover for this case and I shall go home tonight, get ready and you can pick me up from Tim's tomorrow morning" I reply.
"Brilliant" Grey says. And we immediately discuss the plan going for the undercover.

Tim's pov
I see her walk past my office and she doesn't come in. I just carry on with my paper work, i just don't understand how she doesn't see it's too early to go undercover after all this. I know she's doing it prove herself. I thought me going into metro she'd understand and that she would want me to find my passion for work.