Grandparents Custody (Quicketh/Fabrays)

"Quinn?" Puck answered the phone. "We're all here waiting for the wedding to start. Where are you?"

"Noah." Quinn cried softly.

"What's wrong? Where are you?" Puck questioned Quinn.

"I need you." Quinn sobbed.

"Where are you?" Puck repeated. "What happened?"

"I crashed my car." Quinn answered. "It's really bad. I'm scared."

"I'm on my way." Puck promised. "Keep talking to me, okay? Focus on me. I'm with you."

Puck checked Quinn's location as he hurried to his car. He got in the car and started driving as fast as he could to her.

"I'm almost there." Puck said. "Hold on, Quinn."

"Noah." Quinn whispered. "I'm so sorry."

Puck barely parked the car when he arrived at the scene. He had heard sirens when he was on the phone with Quinn, and they were much closer.

Puck ran over to Quinn.

"Quinn! I'm here. I'm right here. Talk to me. Please."

-

When the ambulance got to the hospital, the doctors hurried away with Quinn. Puck was left in the waiting room where he saw Quinn's parents.

"Noah." Judy said as she and Russell walked over to Puck. "What happened?"

"She was in a car accident." Puck answered. "It's really bad."

"Did you talk to her? Is she awake?" Russell questioned Puck. "Where's Beth?"

"She was barely awake when I got to her." Puck nodded. "But she... she wasn't awake in the ambulance."

"Where's Beth?" Russell repeated.

"She's with Finn's mom." Puck said.

"Does she know what happened?" Russell asked.

"Stop interrogating him, Russell!" Judy exclaimed.

Puck and Russell looked at Judy.

"Quinny needs our prayers." Judy said softly, wiping her tears as she walked away.

-

After what felt like an eternity, the doctor walked into the waiting room.

"Noah."

Puck quickly got up. "That's me. Did Quinn ask for me?"

"How is she?" Russell demanded.

"These are her parents." Puck clarified. "How is she?"

"We should sit down." The doctor suggested.

Russell and Judy sat down with the doctor as if they didn't know any better.

Puck did. He knew when someone told someone else to sit down, that person would be receiving very bad news.

"Noah, sit down." Judy requested.

Puck shook his head and looked at the doctor.

"Okay." The doctor said, taking a deep breath as he explained what happened to Quinn.

Puck didn't hear a word of it. He didn't need to. He knew Quinn was gone. All he could think about was their fight, and how this was his fault. And now he'd have to tell Beth.

-

It had been a week since Quinn passed away. Puck hadn't been to school at all during that time because he was home with Beth. His mother and sister were at work and school, which meant he and Beth had the house to themselves everyday.