Christmas (Fuinn/Carole)

"Mom?" Finn called as he entered the house. "Are you home?"

"I'm in the living room!" Carole called back.

"Hey." Finn said, walking into the room. "I wanted to talk about Christmas."

"Well, it's no surprise that we're living paycheck to paycheck, Finn." Carole stated. "So keep that in mind when you make your list."

"No, it's not that." Finn responded. "It's about Quinn."

Carole looked at Finn.

"She's pregnant and miserable, and it's her first one without her parents." Finn noted. "I wanna do something special for her."

"Like what?" Carole wondered.

"I was hoping we could bring her to get a tree." Finn replied. "Tonight."

"Tonight?" Carole repeated.

"If she's up for it, yeah." Finn stated.

"Where is she?" Carole questioned Finn.

"She had a doctor's appointment." Finn answered. "I would've went with her, but I had practice. I'm surprised she's not back yet."

On cue, the front door opened and Quinn entered.

"Hey, Finn. Hi, Mrs. Hudson."

"Hi, sweetie." Carole smiled.

"Hey." Finn said. "How was the doctor?"

"Fine." Quinn answered. "How was practice?"

"Good." Finn replied.

"Good." Quinn repeated with a nod. "I think I'm gonna go do homework and lay down."

"Okay." Finn nodded. "Let me know if you need anything."

"Thank you."

Finn looked at Carole as Quinn walked away.

"Go check on her, honey."

Finn nodded and excused himself. He headed upstairs and knocked on his bedroom door. "Quinn? Can I come in?"

"Yeah." Quinn replied.

Finn entered the room and frowned at the sight of Quinn crying. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"I hate every single part of this." Quinn answered, wiping her eyes.

"Was everything okay at the doctor?" Finn wondered. "I'm sorry I couldn't be there."

"Everything is fine." Quinn promised. "I'm just... I'm exhausted."

"I think I know what'll make you feel better." Finn stated. "Why don't we go pick out a Christmas tree?"

Quinn furrowed her eyebrow.

"You love Christmas." Finn reminded her.

"Christmas is about family." Quinn noted as she sat up. "Mine disowned me."

"I don't know what's gonna happen in the future." Finn replied. "All I know is I love you and I wanna make our own memories and traditions. And that includes celebrating Christmas and getting a tree."

Quinn looked at Finn.

"Will you come with me?" Finn asked, offering his hand. "I'll let you pick it out."

"Okay." Quinn said softly as she took Finn's hand and nodded slowly. "Thank you."