Life Regrets (Quick)

"I wanted you to hear this from me, but Puck's getting married." Santana announced.

Quinn paused, but hoped Santana didn't notice. "Good for him."

"He didn't think it'd be fair for you to find out when the news breaks on TMZ so he asked me to tell you." Santana added.

"He and I haven't been together in years." Quinn stated. "And in case you forgot, I'm married with two kids."

"Well, I just thought you should know."

-

Quinn knocked on Santana and Brittany's apartment door.

Santana opened the door and furrowed her eyebrow. "Quinn, what are you-"

"I can't sleep." Quinn interrupted. "And I can't talk to anyone else about this."

"Quinn, wait." Santana said.

"I didn't know why it was bothering me so much, but I realized it's because I still love him." Quinn blurted. "He told me he didn't want marriage and children, so I moved on, but I settled. I know I did, and I've never been able to admit that before, but he's getting married now and-"

"Puck's here." Santana told Quinn.

"What?" Quinn asked.

"He's here." Santana said. "And he probably heard everything you just said."

"Why didn't you stop me?" Quinn wondered.

"Why don't you come in?" Santana suggested, holding the door open.

Quinn bit her lip.

"Talk to him." Santana told Quinn, lowering her voice. "Besides, maybe you'll be the one to convince him not to go through with this."

Quinn furrowed her eyebrow, and before she could stop to think, her feet carried her into the apartment. She looked at Puck, who was sitting at the table. It had been a while since she'd seen him in person.

"Hey, Q."

Santana closed the door behind Quinn and looked at Puck. "You two have a lot to discuss, so I'm gonna go cuddle with Brittany. You can let yourselves out."

"What?" Puck wondered.

"Santana." Quinn called, giving her a look as she entered her bedroom and closed the door behind her.

Quinn took a deep breath and exhaled slowly.

"It's good to see you." Puck broke the silence.

Quinn nodded.

"How are you?" Puck wondered. "How are the kids?"

"I'm good. Everybody's good." Quinn said.

"Why don't you sit?" Puck suggested. "We can talk."

"Sure." Quinn replied as she joined Puck at the table. "Congratulations on the engagement. Santana told me."

"Thanks." Puck answered. "I guess that means she told you she doesn't want me going through with it."

Quinn furrowed her eyebrow.

"I heard what you said to her." Puck admitted. "You really think you settled on your husband and your life?"

"You told me you weren't gonna change your mind about marriage." Quinn reminded Puck. "Don't you think I would've rather had a future with you?"

"Quinn." Puck frowned. "I'm sorry."

Quinn bit her lip.

"If I knew I was gonna change my mind, I would've said so, but I loved you too much to make you wait for something that I didn't think was gonna happen." Puck explained. He took a deep breath. "But if you don't want me getting married now then, I won't."

"Is that a reason not to go through with something?" Quinn asked.

"Well, no, but..." Puck shrugged. "If you have to live with the regret of your husband and kids for the rest of your life then-"

"I don't regret my family." Quinn interrupted.

"I didn't mean it like that." Puck said. "I'm sorry."

Quinn looked at him.

"You said you still love me." Puck noted. "Is that true?"

"Yes." Quinn answered, feeling her cheeks flush red.

"I love you, too." Puck told her.

"Do you love her?" Quinn asked.

"I thought so." Puck said. "But then you came here and now I don't know."

"I wanna be with you." Quinn muttered softly.

"You're married, Quinn." Puck reminded her. "That means something. I don't want you ruining your family for me."

"I don't want you marrying someone else." Quinn blurted.

"So I won't." Puck promised. "I'll call it off."

"I don't want you being miserable for the rest of your life." Quinn added.

"What do you wanna do then?" Puck questioned Quinn.

"I wanna be with you." Quinn repeated.

"We can't do this now." Puck shook his head. "You have a family."

"The kids are young enough to forget when Mommy and Daddy were together." Quinn stated.

"Quinn, this is crazy." Puck said. "And what's even crazier is that I'm the voice of reason."

"You're right." Quinn said as she stood up. "I should go."

Puck got up and gently grabbed Quinn's arm.

"Let go of me." Quinn ordered.

"I'm sorry, Q." Puck apologized.

"For rejecting me now or for ruining my life?" Quinn wondered.

Puck frowned at the tears in Quinn's eyes. "I'm trying to stop you from ruining your life."

"I hate you, Puck." Quinn hissed. "I hope you go through with the wedding. I hope you go through with it and I hope you're miserable and full of regret every single day."

"Quinn." Puck said softly.

"Leave me alone." Quinn commanded as she pulled away from Puck and walked out.