Timing (Fuinn/Quick)

"Quinn?"

Quinn walked back and paused in the doorway of the Hudson / Hummel living room.

"Are you going out?" Carole wondered.

"Yeah, I have to run an errand." Quinn said. "I'll be back later. Is that okay?"

"Of course, honey." Carole nodded.

"Do you guys need anything while I'm out?" Quinn offered.

"We're okay." Burt promised. "See you later."

"See you." Quinn said as she walked out of the house. She took a deep breath as she got into Puck's car. "Drive."

"Where?" Puck asked.

"Anywhere, just don't let them see you." Quinn responded.

Puck slowly drove away and turned off of the street. "Wanna tell me where I'm taking you?"

"I have an appointment." Quinn answered. "I need you to do a paternity test for me."

Puck looked at Quinn.

"As you know, there was a little bit of... overlap between you and Finn." Quinn stated. "But I'm paying for the test. I just need you to do it."

"Okay." Puck nodded. "If you really wanna know, I'll do it."

"I need to know." Quinn responded. "I can't let them hold onto a piece of Finn if it's not even him. And I can't lie to my child."

"What about us?" Puck asked.

"What about us?" Quinn repeated.

"I told you if it's mine, I wanna be involved." Puck reminded Quinn.

"I can't think about us right now, Puck." Quinn shook her head. "I wanna get this over with and then I'm gonna figure out how to move on, either with or without Finn."

Puck furrowed his eyebrow and nodded slowly.

"Please just let me do that."

-

"So how long does it take?" Puck wondered as he and Quinn got back in the car.

"They'll call me in a week." Quinn answered.

"Okay." Puck said.

"Thanks for doing it." Quinn blurted. "I need to know."

"Whatever happens, I'm here for you."

"Thank you."

-

"I'm back." Quinn announced as she entered the Hudson / Hummel house.

"Hi, sweetie." Carole smiled. "Why don't you join us?"

"Hi." Quinn repeated. "I'm actually kind of tired. I think I'm gonna go lay down."

"Sure." Carole nodded. "Go get some rest. And let us know if you need anything."

"I'm okay, thank you." Quinn said, glancing at Kurt.

-

"Thank you for calling." Quinn said as tears rolled down her cheeks. She hung up the phone and took a deep breath as she called Puck.

"Hey." Puck answered the phone.

"Hey." Quinn sniffled. "Will you come get me?"

"Yeah, are you okay?" Puck wondered.

"I'd rather talk in person." Quinn noted. "I'll see you soon."

"See you soon." Puck echoed.

Quinn hung up the phone and began packing her things. When she was done, she headed downstairs with everything.

"Are you leaving?" Kurt asked, stopping Quinn by the front door.

Quinn nodded. "I need to talk to Carole before I go."

"Is it about the baby?" Kurt wondered.

"The baby's fine." Quinn promised.

"Is it about Puck?" Kurt questioned Quinn.

Quinn paused and looked at him.

"Finn told me you had a thing with him." Kurt noted. "He asked me for my advice."

"What did you say?" Quinn asked.

"I told him even though you hurt him, it was okay if he still loved you and wanted to stay with you." Kurt explained. "And he did."

Quinn bit her lip and nodded slowly.

"I know you loved him, too." Kurt said. "And he knew that."

"I have to go." Quinn replied. "Where's Carole?"

Quinn put her bags by the front door and walked into the living room, where she found Carole and Burt.

"I'm leaving."

"Leaving?" Burt repeated as Kurt entered the room.

"But before I do, I need to talk to you." Quinn said, taking a deep breath as she sat down on the couch.

"Is everything okay, Quinn?" Carole asked.

Quinn shook her head. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" Carole wondered.

"A few months ago, I had a little fling with Puck." Quinn began nervously. "It was nothing serious, but when we stopped seeing each other, I told Finn. He was upset and he took some time to think, but ultimately, he made the decision to stay with me."

"I don't understand why you're telling us this now." Carole stated.

"Because." Quinn took a deep breath. "I owe you guys and myself and everyone the truth."

"Which is?" Burt wondered.

"A few weeks later, I found out I was pregnant." Quinn explained. "Finn and I talked about the possibility that he wasn't the father, but he told me when he chose to forgive me for cheating, he he wanted to love me no matter what. We agreed that we wouldn't do a paternity test because we felt that we were supposed to be a family."

Carole had tears in her eyes as she looked at Quinn.

"It's been eating at me lately." Quinn continued. "So I had to find out for myself."

"No." Carole said softly, and Burt wrapped his arm around her.

"I'm so sorry." Quinn apologized, tears pooling in her eyes. "But the baby isn't Finn's."