Not His Baby (Carole/Fuinn)

Carole's conversation with Finn from the previous week replayed in her head as she finished the laundry.

Hi, Mrs. Hudson." Quinn said, entering the house. "Finn's at the football game. I'm off the Cheerios, so I think I'm just gonna go to his room and do homework."

"Will you join me in the kitchen?" Carole requested. "I could use some company while I cook, and we can talk."

"I'm not that hungry actually." Quinn muttered.

"I'm sure the baby could eat." Carole noted.

"Okay." Quinn sighed and nodded slowly. "I'll be right there."

Carole walked into the kitchen and grabbed ingredients and cooking utensils. She began preparing dinner.

Quinn entered the kitchen a few minutes later, sitting down with her homework. "I hope you don't mind."

"Sure." Carole said, looking at the blonde. "So... how are you feeling?"

"I don't know." Quinn answered. "Stressed, exhausted, devastated."

"Devastated?" Carole repeated.

"I never wanted this to happen." Quinn stated. "And I don't know what I'm gonna do yet, but Finn's been so good to me."

Carole nodded slowly. "Speaking of Finn, I wanted to talk about a conversation he and I had."

"Okay." Quinn nodded back.

"He said the two of you, uh, never had sex." Carole said, keeping her eyes on the food in front of her.

Quinn didn't say anything.

"Is Finn the baby's father?" Carole wondered.

Quinn still didn't say anything.

"Quinn?" Carole asked, looking at the blonde.

"I made a mistake." Quinn whispered, tears filling her eyes. "And I... I..."

"Honey, you know you need to tell him." Carole stated.

"I can't. I love Finn and I need him." Quinn said. "I can't hurt him."

"But you already did." Carole pointed out. "He just doesn't know it yet."

Quinn bit her lip.

"You're gonna get through this." Carole told Quinn. "But you can't do it with Finn. It's not fair to him, and it's not fair to the baby."

"I can't do this with Puck." Quinn cried.

Carole looked at Quinn.

"I'm sorry." Quinn apologized, wiping her eyes as she got up. "I'll go get my things."

"Wait." Carole said. "Come eat."

Quinn furrowed her eyebrow.

"Finn won't be home for a few more hours." Carole noted. "Eat something, finish your homework, take a hot shower, and whatever else you need before you tell him."

"Really?" Quinn asked.

Carole nodded.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" Quinn blurted.

"Because I know this is all a lot harder on you than Finn or anybody else." Carole stated. "And you still deserve love and support."

"Thank you."