Epilogue

I looked at everyone assembled around the dining table. Everyone who mattered to me was present. My parents had flown to Alibaugh for Eid, and Saima Di and Shahnawaz Bhai had joined them. Suleiman sat at the head of the table with Mama on his left in her wheelchair. It had been nearly three months since I returned to Mumbai. Aminah and Abdullah were present with their son Hamdan and the twin girls Insha and Imama. They both were almost two years old and were the most boisterous girls I had come across. Sidrah and her husband Zulqarnain were present, too, along with Salahudin and Wardah. The dining room echoed with the merry chatter of everyone. I had never been happier and more content than I was at that moment.

Osman was being his usual self, annoying the fuck out of everyone, especially Salahuddin. Manha sat on Osman'a lap, picking at her food lazily and laughing at his jokes even though she didn't understand a word. 

  Manha's presence changed our lives a lot. She was such a sweet and engaging kid that even Suleiman couldn't stay immune to her cuteness. Though Osman was her favorite, she adored Suleiman and engaged him in her games. It was fun to watch the mighty made men attending a tea party with dolls or a wedding of a Teddy with a unicorn. I knew Suleiman had accepted Manha's presence in our lives only because of me, but he was trying hard to act as a father figure to her. 

 We didn't discuss having kids yet, though Di, Aminah Di, and Sidrah have asked me several times about our plans. I always wanted to be a mother, but Manha's presence had fulfilled that wish for me to an extent, and Suleiman had mentioned while teasing her that he wanted me to himself for some time now without the hassle of kids.

 I agreed with him on it because I wanted Suleiman for myself. I waited so long for him to be mine in all aspects that I wasn't ready to share him with anyone. Abbu never discussed the topic of an heir after Suleiman had talked to him, though Mom told me a couple of times to think about having kids. 

 "Mishy," Wardah elbowed me in my ribs, pulling me out of my thoughts.

 I passed her a questioning glance, and she pointed at Manha, who shifted to Suleiman's lap and was feeding him. It was her routine. When Suleiman finished feeding Mama, Manha would climb on his lap and start feeding him from his plate. When Suleiman had asked her the first time she did it, she replied he took care of Mama every day; hence someone should take care of him too.  

  I could never forget how overwhelmed Suleiman was with emotions at Manha's words. She had indeed found her way into his cold heart. After that day, they both used to feed each other while conversing. Manha was the one to do all the talking while Suleiman answered her in a monosyllable, and if she was lucky, she could fish out a whole sentence from him. 

 "She adores him," I smiled at the duo of Manha and Suleiman and said to Wardah. 

 "What have you thought about your wedding? Will we finally have a date?" I asked Wardah.

  "I know I can't keep Fahad waiting forever, but the DM has assigned me some crucial files, and I am packed for three to four months," Wardah answered. 

 "It's nearly four years, Wardah, don't hang the poor boy for so long," I cautioned her. 

 "I won't, dont worry. Let me settle the matters at hand," Wardah said with an assuring smile. 

  After dinner, Aminah forced everyone to play games, a poker table was set in the living room, and we all settled around it. Aminah and Abdullah were the best at the game, while Salahuddin sucked. After two hours and many rounds, we all retired to our bedrooms.

 After tucking Manha into her bed, I kissed her forehead before turning off the lights in her room. Closing the door behind me, I made my way toward my bedroom. It had been nearly a little more than four years since I had been here for my wedding. It felt like another life that she had been so terrified of Suleiman.