Chapter 28

Thanks for the edit Ishita 😍

Suleiman

I looked at Mishal's hand and by which she was holding mine and then looked in her eyes. Damn those doe eyes again, she was looking at me with so much hope and longing that I couldn't pull my hand from hers.

Fuck.

She was messing with my head, real bad. I wanted to leave, but something had bound my feet to the ground. I couldn't move even though I wanted to.

"Mishal, please, " I ran the fingers of my free hand through my hair in frustration. 

"Not now, Suleiman, not after what just happened between us, " she tugged at my hand. 

"Pigeon, you need to understand. I am not a good man, I can't give you what you want, " I said gently. 

"I just want you, I want to make this marriage work. Please, Suleiman, don't leave, for us, " she stroked her thumb at the back of my hand. 

Mishal sat up on the bed and the sheets slipped from her body. I tried hard to keep my eyes on her face and not to let them wander elsewhere on her body. Mishal kneeled in front of me and hugged me tightly, placing her face on my chest just above my heart. 

"Suleiman, I don't want you to go back to being cold again. I know if I let you walk away from me now, you will be back to being cold again. I don't want any barrier between us," she said in her gentle and soothing voice.  

Her soft body was pressing into mine and it was getting more and more difficult for me to not get affected by her closeness. 

"Mishal, I can never give you what you seek," I replied exhausted. 

"Only you can give me what I want, Suleiman. I have never wanted anything more in life, as I want you," she looked up, lifting her face, and looking in my eyes. 

Mishal pulled back from me a little and cradled my face in her hand, "I don't want you to consummate this marriage now. I want us to start getting to know each other," she murmured. 

  Her soft voice, her gentle tone, and her soothing touch were enough to melt the ice around my heart. I couldn't keep myself detached from her. 

"What do you want to know, Mishal?" Her proximity was thawing the ice around my heart every passing second. 

I was getting tired of the struggle within me. I wanted to rest, I wanted to find solace, and right now Mishal's arms were the best option. 

"Anything you want to tell," she replied, looking at me with hope-filled eyes. 

I pulled her in my arms and slipped on the bed, resting my back against the headboard. I gently settled Mishal between my legs, with her back pressed against my front. Mishal didn't show any sign of resistance, instead, she leaned back on me.