Chapter 47

Mishal

I kept staring at Huzaifa for a while with a blank mind. It was like someone had wiped out everything I had thought of saying to him on the way there. Huzaifa watched me with a predatory glint in his eyes. I guess I had just served myself on a silver platter to him, but if Huzaifa wanted to harm me, it would have been a cakewalk for him.

"I am here on behalf of Vipers and as their Queen," I announced, taking a step towards his desk.

Huzaifa arched his brow, "From what I know, you and Suleiman are not together, and that is why you are here in Delhi, and he has been there in Mumbai for the past three years. Or was I informed misinformed?" Huzaifa mocked.

I knew this was coming, and I was ready to reply, "If that was not the case, I wonder why your men would have been guarding me day and night?"

Huzaifa's expression stayed blank, but his eyes gave away his amused state. He should be a fool if he thought I was unaware that his men followed me everywhere I went.

"That's because you are Jahangir Shah's daughter," Huzaifa replied calmly.

"Can you swear on Izma's life that you looking out for me had nothing to do with Suleiman?" I challenged him.

Huzaifa stayed silent in reply. I knew his sister was the only person Huzaifa cared for fiercely. I had seen it when he was young, and they had visited Surat once. The way he was protective of his sister, it was evident how much he loved her.

"I don't care what you think, and I am not Santa Claus to grant your wishes. Venom's little princess has gone too far this time, and nothing and no one can stop me from killing her," Huzaifa stood from his seat with a jerk, and I took a step back.

He walked towards me and halted a step away from me, then leaned till he was on eye level with me, "Take my advice and run," Huzaifa paused, his hazel eyes filled with fury, making me tremble with fear, "You don't need to get involved in the mess Venom's sister created," his expression looked sincere.

"I am not scared of you," I looked into his eyes, trying hard to keep my voice from shaking.

"I doubt that," he leaned further and whispered in my ear, and I stumbled backward.

Huzaifa smirked, his hazel eyes mocking me. I cursed myself for giving away my fear. If I let Huzaifa intimidate me, then I should forget about Suleiman and Wardah and the reason for my coming here to convince Huzaifa to meet Suleiman and listen to everything out.

"I won't be so hasty if I were in your place," I got hold of myself and said. Huzaifa tilted his face sideways, cocking his eyebrow, "Why do I feel you are not as naive as you look?" He looked amused by my words.

"You are a businessman along with a Mafia boss, a war with the Vipers won't be a sensible choice when you can benefit more from the alliance," I took a step forward and tilted my head backward to look into his eyes.

Huzaifa was nearly a foot taller than me. He must be the same height as Suleiman or an inch shorter. My petite frame always gave me an inferiority complex around those men. They didn't need to do anything to look intimidating to me. They might stand on the spot doing nothing, and that would be enough to scare the shit out of everyone. Only their names were enough to instill fear in anyone's heart.

"Do you think I care about a fucking alliance when she dared to conduct raids on my warehouses, "Huzaifa's anger was back again on the mention of, Wardah?

I was sure if Wardah had been in front of him at this moment, Huzaifa wouldn't have thought twice before snapping her neck. Wardah had gone too far with her vendetta against Huzaifa. She should have thought about the alliance once and how her actions could affect everyone.