Chapter 29

Ishita thanks for the edit 😘

Mishal

I woke up to an empty bed, Suleiman was not in the room. I checked the clock, it showed six in the morning. Suleiman used to wake up at seven in the morning. Where could he be? Had he left after I had fallen asleep? Will we go back to being strangers again? I couldn't be sure about anything when it came to Suleiman, he was not an easy person to understand.

I slipped out of bed and shut myself in the bathroom. After freshening up, I slipped into a silk robe and walked out of the bedroom. The penthouse was immersed in silence. I pressed the button for the elevator and stepped into it.

When the doors of the elevator opened on the floor of the gym I walked out to find Suleiman doing his laps in the pool. He was wearing his swimming trunks as usual. I watched fascinated as he swam across to the other end of the pool. His well-defined arms and his strong toned legs were a sight to behold.

I came out of the trance when Suleiman emerged from the pool and then climbed the steps a couple feet from me. My eyes traveled on his gorgeous body as if they had a mind of their own. Suleiman possessed a strong and athletic body. He was neither lean nor bulky, just the right amount of muscles. My mouth watered at the sight and a fierce urge to trace my hands over his strong torso arose in me. Water rivulets slid down his body and a desire to lick them off his tanned skin surged through my mind. I fisted my hand trying to stop myself from reaching out and brushing away the hair that stuck to his forehead.

Suleiman strolled toward me with a blank expression on his face. It meant I was right about going back to being strangers. He stopped when we were nearly touching and I held my breath waiting for his next move. Suleiman leaned and picked up a towel from the lounger behind me and gave out the breath that I was holding.

He took a step back and started drying off water from his body, giving me a smirk. While I tried to control my racing heart.

Jerk.

I thought he was back to being his cold self again.

"Did you sleep well last night?" He asked, wiping his shoulders with the towel.

I blushed at the mention of last night, God, I couldn't have imagined Suleiman could do all those things to me.

"With that expression of yours, I think it was way better than usual," He teased, and I blushed harder.

I just nodded in reply and asked to decrease my embarrassment," What about you, did you sleep well?"

"What do you expect? After all the torture from past months and your naked body pressing into me?" Suleiman's voice held a teasing note.

"Who's fault was that? I was not the one claiming I deserve better," I teased him back.

Suleiman's jaw twitched in his attempt to not laugh, "Wow, this is what I get for being a gentleman to you, Pigeon? Huh," He scoffed.