Chapter 13

Suleiman

     I stood there on the spot after Osman left with Mishal. She was driving me insane with her defiance and disobedience. Can't she for once obey me, without putting up a fight?

   I turned and looked at Salahuddin, who was looking quite amused by the spectacle that Mishal had put, " I assume you are enjoying yourself more than necessary," I spat.

    He grinned at me in delight, "I have never seen you lose control like this in a decade," he scoffed.

  "The woman knows very well how to push my fucking buttons. If I hadn't known that Jahangir fucking Shah needs me more than I need Surat, I would not doubt that he put her up to it," I slumped on the couch exhausted.

     I never had hurt a woman in my life and was hating myself for hurting Mishal. The red marks on her skin on the morning of our Walima had made me regret my behavior for days. Now, when things were getting better again between us, she had forced me to hurt her again.

Fuck.

  I can't lose my mind like this. I need to keep myself in check and control my rage when around her. She tends to bring out the worst inside me. I regretted hurting her but at the same time, I was enraged that she had disrespected me.

   I had never thought a teenage girl, would ever make me lose my fucking mind. I had underestimated her, she was not what she looked like. There was a fire beneath that innocent demeanor of her. I knew that I terrified her, there was no doubt about it, but she knew how to stand up for herself.

   "Never in my life, I would advise anyone to get married," I remarked.

   Salahuddin gave out a loud laugh at my remark. I knew he was having a gala time looking at my frustration. I had never in nearly a decade experienced a rage to this degree like today. Mishal didn't just disobey me, she even disrespected me in front of my brother and Salahuddin. I was lucky there was no one besides them in my office. I would have become a laughing stock for everyone if any of my men had witnessed what transpired a few minutes ago.

   "Why don't you ask Shah to speak to her?" Salahuddin suggested.

  "I may as well announce to the world that I can't even control my wife," I snapped at him.

  If anyone found out how Mishal was driving me insane with her temper tantrums, I don't think I could by any way uphold my reputation. Fear of my wrath was the only thing that kept my men in line. I rewarded loyalty and never forgave disrespect and treachery.

I didn't want to hurt her, I was not the man to hurt a woman, but Mishal knew very well how to push me to my limits. It was twice in two weeks that I had lost control of myself, but I couldn't help it. Sometimes I don't understand what to do with her?

 Osman entered the office after a few minutes. He too was grinning like an idiot. I gave him a death glare and it only widened his grin.

 "Quite a fireball you got there. I bet she must be equally feisty in bed," he sneered.

  "If you ever mention her and bed in the same sentence..., " I couldn't complete my sentence because Osman interrupted me in the middle, " You would cut my fucking balls off?" he asked amused.

  "Exactly," I replied.

  "Though I think she is more compatible with me," he mocked.

  I pulled up my gun at him, I don't know why the fuck I was being so possessive of Mishal. A few minutes ago, there was nothing I wanted more than to kill her.