Chapter 20

Thanks for the edit Ishita 😍

Mishal

    It was Sidrah's Nikah ceremony which was arranged in a five-star hotel. I had selected a Red Banarasi Silk saree woven with red and golden threads. Pairing it with a necklace of Uncut diamonds.

    I braided my hair, coiling a gajra of mogra flowers with it. Spraying perfume on myself I left the room I was staying in. Sidrah and Wardah had already left for the hotel. When I came downstairs not many people were in the house. Abbas was waiting for me on the porch, he was wearing a white Pathani suit and was looking quite handsome.

   I complimented him sliding into the backseat of the car. He smiled and closed the door, walked around, and hopped in on the driving seat.

   "If Venom finds out, about you complimenting me, it would be the end of my days in this world, " Abbas joked. 

    I knew what he was saying was true, Suleiman would not like me mingling with my bodyguard and complimenting him. He was very possessive, where I was concerned. I had seen how he reacted if someone dared to touch me when he murdered Haris the next day of our wedding and beat up the guy on the night of Sidrah's Bachelorette party.

    Salahuddin and Suleiman met me at the entrance of the hall where the ceremony was arranged. The way Suleiman's eyes traveled on every curve and swell of my body made me blush. He was wearing a black kurta and shalwar paired with a maroon shawl. My eyes kept traveling back his way all through the ceremony, it was getting difficult for me to concentrate on anything else.

   Suleiman Khan was the epitome of strength and brutality and still, I couldn't prevent myself from falling for him. I was in a conversation with the Mayor and his wife when a man joined us.

   "Armaan Peerzada, it's an honor to meet you," the mayor addressed the man.

   The man nodded in reply to the mayor. Armaan Peerzada must be in his early thirties, from the fine lines at the edges of his eyes, which became prominent whenever he smiled. He was good-looking and with an athletic build.

   "And who is the lovely lady?" he asked pointing his hand with which he was holding his drink in my direction.

   "Mrs. Suleiman Khan," the Mayor introduced me.

   "It's a pleasure to finally meet Suleiman Khan's wife," he extended his hand for a handshake.       

   I was not sure if I should shake hands with him or not. Suleiman was not going to be pleased with it. Who knows he might beat Armaan Peerzada into a pulp. I looked in the direction of Suleiman. He was busy in a conversation with who looked like the Deputy CM.

    Armaan's hand was still extended towards me. I placed my hand in his and he gave my hand a firm shake and held it more than it was necessary. I pulled my hand from him with a jerk.