Chapter 12

Mishal

"Where have you guys planned to go for a honeymoon?" Aminah asked, a few days after our wedding at breakfast.

I nearly got choked on my orange juice, was there going to be a honeymoon, now? I looked at Suleiman. He had not even as much batted his eyelids at his sister's question. He was busy feeding his mother, all the while talking to her.

Suleiman made sure to be home at the time of meals, he fed his mother himself. In his absence, he made sure Osman was home to do that for him. He stayed in his office downstairs until lunchtime. After lunch, he used to go to his head office in Worli and mostly would return before dinner.

My relationship with Suleiman had not changed much since our wedding day. We were on the lines of being cordial with each other until our argument in his office a couple of days ago.

"Mishal, do you have any place in mind you wanted to visit for your honeymoon?" Aminah's voice brought me back from my thoughts.

"I don't know, I have not given it a thought," I replied honestly.

"I can't leave anything to you both, can I?" she asked frustrated.

I can't understand the reason for her frustration. It was not like her brother would listen to anything that I had to say. Huh, he had so badly declined to permit me to start my studies again. I had thought of continuing my degree in computer engineering, by transferring to a local engineering college in Mumbai. I was certain if Suleiman used his influence the transfer would be a cakewalk.

I had discussed it with Aminah and she had readily agreed with me. She even suggested the name of the best colleges. I decided to talk to Suleiman regarding the matter, at Aminah's encouragement and I found myself outside his office downstairs, one morning after breakfast.

"Mam you can't see Venom now, he is busy," A guard outside his office informed me.

So he was Venom here, well it didn't matter to me much. Venom or Suleiman, both his persona were equally scary for me.

"Is he in a meeting with any outsiders?" I asked the guard.

"No mam, he is with Fury and Flame, " he answered.

I rolled my eyes at the guard, the stupid fellow was fussing unnecessarily. I ignored him and kept my hand on the knob and turned it to open the door.

I stepped inside his office before the guard could do anything. The guard barged into the office behind me. The trio of Venom, Flame, and Fury was sitting around the desk.

Suleiman looked at the guard in annoyance, completely ignoring me. While Flame aka Salahuddin and Fury aka Osman turned and looked at me curiously.

"I told her she can't come in and that you were busy," the guard blurted out sensing the annoyed look Suleiman was giving him.

"Do you know who she is?" Suleiman asked the guard in his icy tone. 

"Your w-wife," the guard stammered.

"And you dared to stop my wife from coming inside my office?"

Suleiman rose from his seat and sauntered around the desk to stand in front of the guard. I felt my stomach sink into a pit, the poor guy was going to face Venom's wrath because of me. I hurried and stood between the two of them, barely reaching Suleiman's chest.

"It's not his fault, he was just doing his job," I blurted out.

Suleiman looked at me and then at the guard, I stood there holding my breath. Hoping he would let go of the poor guard unhurt. I had never seen him like this before. The way his piercing cold grey eyes were fixed on the guard, he looked ready to tear him apart into two.